IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

I got my Evercade VS in the mail yesterday.  Did the firmware update and now the console is bricked.  I reached out to Blaze Entertainment and they said a fix is coming today.  But what a way to start off with a new console and the damn update screws it up.  Lol.  You gotta love it.  The company said some units were affected.  It figures mine would be one of them.  

• Sad 6

On 2/26/2022 at 6:01 PM, Reaperman said:

Well, Shark! Shark! was decent, but not all I'd hoped it would be (review link), so now the rest of the night is going to be fiddling with World Rally. 

I've just gotten things posed for a photo. The cursing will start promptly after dinner.

It doesn't matter how careful you are, any night spent with arcade boards always causes some kind bleeding.

4XMNawRm.jpg

Shark shark is pretty standard for intellivision games, it is easy at the beginning and ramps up in difficulty as you get points.  

It doesn't take that long to ramp up the difficulty once you get the hang of how to get points quickly, but trying to eat the small fish is a slow way to get points.

Once you get the hang of the beginning of the game, you can just kill sharks quickly until you get to the point where it's too hard and you need to slow down.

Once you reach the difficulty level that is too hard for you, you go through those extra lives quickly.

One key thing that you didn't mention is that the 1, 2 and 3 keyboard buttons are used for "dash".  Dash is critical in shark shark and The sharks will become impossible to kill pretty early in the game without the dash.  The keyboard buttons cannot be pushed at the same time that you are trying to use the directional disc.  The action/side buttons are used for "stop" which is less important.

I don't really love the general gameplay myself, but I don't think it ramps up any slower than most intellivision games do and it certainly does get very challenging at higher point levels.

• Like 3

My evercade come in this weekend. Haven't messed with it due to a backlog of other things I'm doing, but looks cool.

Really going to have to update it out of the box? That sucks. I've never updated the evercade, and honestly due to various problems, almost never update willingly unless something simply doesn't work.

• Like 3

Go for it it's fun.  I'm guilty of buying and lightly using it.  Again why I'm doing another game purge, but to dodge the tax issue, locally.  I've had a few nibbles, out to deliver(meet up public) a few things here shortly.

Less is more, and then I can have fun.  I'm banking on maybe making some painful cuts too, just need to get over it on a couple things.

I need to find a tax expect who can give me links and laymans bs, I want to pop stuff back on ebay for ease of it, but want to cover my ass for refund next year.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2022 at 8:57 AM, Intellivision Master said:

I got my Evercade VS in the mail yesterday.  Did the firmware update and now the console is bricked.  I reached out to Blaze Entertainment and they said a fix is coming today.  But what a way to start off with a new console and the damn update screws it up.  Lol.  You gotta love it.  The company said some units were affected.  It figures mine would be one of them.  

I also got a Evercade VS. I did the update when it was safe to do so. Some fixed it by hocking it to the PC. 

Edited by Elvis
  • Like 1

OK so I got a Evercade VS. At Christmas I got Atari Lynx collections. And the Dizzy collection. Until I updated it the wrestling game Mat Mania would not play like it should. I have played all 3 versions. I love my system. The box is the best part lol. The controller feels like cheap light weight junk. Like the Xbox clone with bootleg games in it. But besides the feel of it it is not junk. It is a great controller that is amazing. I got the 99 dollar package. I like the Atari Lynx games. But those Songbird Productions games are the ones that come out later for the Lynx when it was discontinued. And some are not good games to me.

Dizzy collection is great. Motorcycle game sucks as it always did. Dizzy games play great. Along with the purple monsters game. The Taito games are great. The side scroller beat them up is amazing. I played it a lot of times. Combatribes is so good. I do not have the handheld. But I love they system and my 4 carts. No issues what so ever but 2. When I tried to update the screen would go black. It was the power brick I was using. And it came finally. I waited so long. So besides those 2 issues I love it. And it is a great little system.     

Edited by Elvis
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Elvis said:

I also got a Evercade VS. I did the update when it was safe to do so. Some fixed it by hocking it to the PC. 

I tried doing the fix they provided but when hooking the console to my PC, it wasn't detected.  Therefore, I couldn't continue with the fix.  I reached out to Blaze if they patched the firmware and they did.  But I still am not updating.  I have a replacement console and I'm just going to leave it as is and not update.  Even though they patched the issue.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I tried doing the fix they provided but when hooking the console to my PC, it wasn't detected.  Therefore, I couldn't continue with the fix.  I reached out to Blaze if they patched the firmware and they did.  But I still am not updating.  I have a replacement console and I'm just going to leave it as is and not update.  Even though they patched the issue.

I thought the same thing. So I never updated. But once they fixed the issue I did. Now no issues and the wrestling game I really wanted it for plays fine. And really no issues. So they did a great thing in less than a day. You should update the new system. Sorry for the old one being bricked. The official club would not let you discuss the issue's at all. The other one helped me out in a pinch. And just make sure you have the right power brick or it will not download and the screen goes black.   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Elvis said:

I thought the same thing. So I never updated. But once they fixed the issue I did. Now no issues and the wrestling game I really wanted it for plays fine. And really no issues. So they did a great thing in less than a day. You should update the new system. Sorry for the old one being bricked. The official club would not let you discuss the issue's at all. The other one helped me out in a pinch. And just make sure you have the right power brick or it will not download and the screen goes black.   

I'm glad your game works now.  Yeah, it's good that the company fixed the issue quickly.  I might update the replacement console.  But anyway, I am using the right power brick.  When I did the update originally, it didn't complete it, but showed a black screen with the Blaze logo.  That's when the first console got bricked.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I'm glad your game works now.  Yeah, it's good that the company fixed the issue quickly.  I might update the replacement console.  But anyway, I am using the right power brick.  When I did the update originally, it didn't complete it, but showed a black screen with the Blaze logo.  That's when the first console got bricked.

I was never going to update until it was fixed. And I thought I weighted 4 months I can wait longer. So I finally did. I thought I still bricked the System. So turns out it was the power brick. So it is OK to update it now. I would not suggest it unless it was OK. The Guy at the official club helped me. Not the club itself. They deleted every post about the issue. The un-official club moderator helped me out with the power brick issue. The company Evercade is a bit shady  if you ask me. It was wrong to not let the issue be known and delete the post that discussed it.  ??

Edited by Elvis
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well,  I got my Founder Edition thanks to jgkspsx!  He wanted the white one so I bought his black one.  I updated it with almost no issues.  (At least I assume I did).  It did stay on a screen with a red VS logo when it was done.  I wasn't sure if it had messed up, but figured these things are supposed to be updatable and there should be no issues.  I turned it off then on and it has been fine.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 3/10/2022 at 7:32 AM, jgkspsx said:

In general the Official Group is kind of weird. You are more likely to get useful support on the unofficial fan group, the official Discord server, or from customer support.

If you have any issues they want you to tell them about it. Not discuss it at the page and make them look bad a lose money. Lol. Filthy we are for doing stuff like that discussing any issues that might arise and being helpful. ??

Edited by Elvis
  • Sad 1

OK So,  Who's cracked open the Atari Arcade cart?   Anyone else notice when you select ASTEROIDS DELUXE that ASTEROIDS comes up, but with Asteroids Deluxe's background?

Yeah,  Hyperspace not Shield, Copyright 1979, no Killer Satellites...

Crazy!  But I hope they somehow make it right.

Personally I Love both games*,  so still want Asteroids Deluxe too!

*Although they need work, I own an Asteroids cabinet and an Asteroids Deluxe cocktail.

• Like 4

Is it my imagination or have the Namco carts become unavailable in North America?  I know they are losing the license soon but other than something like Amazon, the North American retailers are no longer carrying the Namco collections.

On a fun note... that Renovation collection is starting to hit with the reviewers and comes out in a couple of weeks.  I'm going to be grabbing this collection for some shoot em up action.  :)  Other games on there will be a bonus!  I'm passing on the Gremlin cart though... nothing on that cart that interests me... well that one Utopia game is pretty cool, but the rest is a pass.

Now that Intellivision collection 2 is an instant buy!  Oh an that Morphcat looks like it will be a lot of fun!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

Is it my imagination or have the Namco carts become unavailable in North America?  I know they are losing the license soon but other than something like Amazon, the North American retailers are no longer carrying the Namco collections.

US distributors were never officially allowed to sell the Namco carts from the get go. Whatever contract they had was really restrictive.