IGNORED

Do not use Mega Sg Game Gear adaptor

Steven Pendleton

Oh man, that's pretty dicey. Appreciate the heads up on that one. 

I was tempted to order the adapter pack a few weeks back. However, the price of shipping is borderline criminal. I'm all for wasting money on stupid gaming-related stuff, but not when it's marked up just for the sake of doing so. I remember paying something like $60+ to have my Mega SG shipped to me. I've shipped arcade boards, which are significantly weightier, from coast to coast and paid a quarter of what Analogue was charging. ?

3 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

Oh man, that's pretty dicey. Appreciate the heads up on that one. 

I was tempted to order the adapter pack a few weeks back. However, the price of shipping is borderline criminal. I'm all for wasting money on stupid gaming-related stuff, but not when it's marked up just for the sake of doing so. I remember paying something like $60+ to have my Mega SG shipped to me. I've shipped arcade boards, which are significantly weightier, from coast to coast and paid a quarter of what Analogue was charging. ?

I actually broke the forum rules and posted this in the Genesis section as well, and over there I mentioned to whoever it was that replied over there that since they sold out and are aware of the problem, this will be fixed before anyone is able to buy them again. I was going to buy them when they were announced at $10 each. At this crazy price, no way. Oddly, shipping to Japan is only about $30.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I actually broke the forum rules and posted this in the Genesis section as well, and over there I mentioned to whoever it was that replied over there that since they sold out and are aware of the problem, this will be fixed before anyone is able to buy them again. I was going to buy them when they were announced at $10 each. At this crazy price, no way. Oddly, shipping to Japan is only about $30.

It's good to know they plan on sorting the problem out before shipping any more units out. Extortionistic shipping practices aside, they're a solid company to deal with. :D I believe the shipping in the US was the same price as it would be to ship to you in Tokyo. Utter madness!

• 4 weeks later...

Just use the jailbreak - no need of a cart adaptor then, an SD card will do the job.

I agree about Analogue shipping - try getting something from them over to the U.K. in shipping and import charges it costs half as much again as the actual system ? great products though, got both the Super NT and the Mega SG and very happy with both. I am kind of tempted to shell out for this rerun of the NT mini, but with shipping cost and the fact I’ve already got an AVS it’s a reluctant pass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EddieHitler said:

I am kind of tempted to shell out for this rerun of the NT mini, but with shipping cost and the fact I’ve already got an AVS it’s a reluctant pass. 

I don't think you'll need to worry as it actually sold out in less than a week after it was released.

3 minutes ago, ApolloBoy said:

I don't think you'll need to worry as it actually sold out in less than a week after it was released.

Didn’t  expect that, though I guess it makes sense considering what the original run were going for on eBay. Purposely steered clear of the site to avoid temptation.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

It has that? Interesting. I was not aware of that. Still, I prefer using my actual PC Engine since it can actually play CD games, which accounts for over 50% of the total PC Engine library.

Oh, I was wrong. It has SMS but not PCE. MiSTer does, but the PC Engine core is in a state of flux...the goal is to bring CD support, but they're rewriting the main console core right now. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/31/2020 at 10:48 AM, derFunkenstein said:

The Nt Mini was so popular because the jailbreak plays so many consoles. TG16, Game Boy, GB Color, Atari 2600/7800, Colecovision, and several more. 

That said, if you want to play all those systems, why shell out $450 when you can spend around $200 on a MiSTer setup?

Or, since a cart slot is then out, for the low low cost of $0 ...emulators.