IGNORED

Full Self-Driving Computer Retrofit

SpiceWare

Just received word that I'm now eligible to get Talith's computer upgraded!  One thing that surprised me was:

This retrofit should take less than 2 hours while you enjoy our free WI-FI in our courtesy lounge.

As I'd seen other people on twitter mention it taking much longer.  Possibly the others were getting the upgrade done alongside other service, or possibly Tesla has streamlined the installation process.

Anyway I've scheduled it for the morning of March 4th, will let you know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dropped Talith off this morning.  Their workload is low, Houston's mostly shut down due to COVID-19, so Tesla offered me a loaner after all.  I declined as I'd already decided it wasn't a good idea to hang out in the lobby, so had asked my dad to follow me over.

They have the desks roped off to keep you away from the employees. There's a table by the door with a couple tablets set up to check in.  When they're ready to check in your car they ask you to drop your keycard on the table, they pick it up after you walk away.

IMG_0836.thumb.png.cdde2b782454b479c44d67b8b0ebf68e.png

New visuals - stop lights and road markings!  These don't show up by default though, you have to turn on the new visualization feature.

IMG_0838.thumb.jpg.00fc5b7a6cb096127043f019988a15ed.jpg

Had to re-pair my phone for bluetooth calls, but other than that everything else appears to have carried over.  Wasn't sure as I'd heard of some people losing all settings, while others lost just a few things.