IGNORED

Keystone Kapers - 2 strategy questions

Propane13

Hello!

I was recently playing Keystone Kapers, and I had 2 strategy thoughts.  I figured I'd check in here with the experts.

1. After timing things out a bit, I think I reached the conclusion that you should ALWAYS take the elevator from the first floor to the second floor.  Even if you "just miss it", I'm not sure that taking the bottom left escalator ever beats waiting for the elevator to come back.  Is that a correct assumption?

2. Based on item 1, the elevator always starts in the place where it ended last round.  So, in theory, it may make sense to delay catching the robber for a little bit at the end, in order to give you a more favorable elevator placement in the subsequent round.

Are those valid?  Or, am I missing something.

If item 1 is true, it does make me a bit sad that the game simply becomes formulatic.  It does make me wish that perhaps every 5 malls was a different layout. :)

I’m not 100% sure what your first statement means, so I’ll post what I know about the game.

It's all about elevator location. Finish the levels with elevator on floor 2 going up or floor 3. So you would need to delay catching the robber on occasions.

Sacrificing a man to get the timing right also works.

Doing this gives you best/quickest chance of catching the robber.

The game difficultly does increase pretty quick so this is where you will find the challenge.

Edited by nads
  • Like 1