IGNORED

Cyber Virus Cheats?

SavagePencil

Does anyone know of any cheats for Cyber Virus?  The Songbird page touts "More cheats than you can shake a stick at!" and I have a stick but nothing to shake it at.

Specifically, I'd love a level select or something to skip the early levels.

Carl started hiding cheats on the boxes of his games, but I only have the early PCB version so I can't see what's on the latest boxes :)

Also a question:  The Songbird page cites "NEW:  Stealth Armor."  Was this added to the new curved-lip release, or is it present in my original version, too?

From Jungle Guide Issue #2:

Expert Mode: On title screen, press Opt 1 + B + A

Full ammo on every mission: On title screen, press Opt 1 + Up + B

Stealth armor on every mission: On title screen, press Opt 1 + Down + B

Mission Skip: On the mission screen, hold either left or right and press Opt 2.  You can select any mission except Firebase #2.

• Like 1

I believe that is all of them. Let the stick-shaking commence! :D

CyberVirus is structured where you don't carry over anything between missions. So the simple mission select cheat is equivalent to as if you played through the missions one by one. If I ever get around to making CyberVirus 2, I would definitely want to use the EEPROM and allow the player to keep equipment between missions. Of course, then I'd have to design more equipment to pick up...

Go for it!

And actually one more "cheat" I realize I never documented (it's actually more of a regular control, but not listed in the manual): from any mission briefing screen, press Opt 1 to go to the next series of missions. Note this always takes you to the first of that series, so first of four Jungle Ops missions, for example. That way players could try to play through a given mission series, then start at the next series later. Not sure why this didn't make it into the manual...