IGNORED

New release

Al_Nafuur

54 minutes ago, juansolo said:

Just applied it to mine. I still have the corruption on the first line of the title bar and odd spacing.

I get it on both my PAL 7800 and my RGB modded PAL 2600.

New menus are lovely though!

pluscart.thumb.jpg.442df2455786ebecf29975169b47d6bd.jpg

Is it always like that, or do you have sometimes the correct spacing?
Have you tried cleaning the contacts (VCS and Cartridge) ?

Are you using the PlusCart with a case or without?

11 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Is it always like that, or do you have sometimes the correct spacing?
Have you tried cleaning the contacts (VCS and Cartridge) ?

Are you using the PlusCart with a case or without?

It's always been like this for me on both systems, it's totally consistent. That's why I thought it was normal until Marauder sent me a picture of his.

Don't think they need a clean as nothing else is showing any issues, but I'll give them a go on Sat when I have access to some IPA.

PlusCart is in a 7800 cartridge shell.

Just to be clear for anyone updating -- there are now 4 different font sets you can choose from.

These are available in the menu "Setup/Set Font".

Here's what they look like...

1. SMALL CAPS...

FONTSMALLCAPS.thumb.jpg.239f7d69756be3f21b33ba524286d1bf.jpg

2. Trichotomic-12

FONTTRICHOTOMIC-12.thumb.jpg.ff57cd4a777a851acd4565c5ee8c162b.jpg

3. Captain Morgan

FONTCAPTAINMORGAN.thumb.jpg.d8fc2dccea14c6516974631c9d3b3af7.jpg

4. Glacier Belle

FONTGLACIERBELLE.thumb.jpg.e17447e3dee9aabebee3788f28df86bd.jpg

I'm asking what font people prefer, as I'd like to get a handle on which is the most popular one and why.

New draft version v0.16.1 DEV

For draft User @Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch, @marauder666, @Andrew Davie and @Mr SQL

This time without endless "** Firmware Update **" loop.

Fixed issues and improvements (not fixed improvements):

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New draft version v0.16.1 DEV

For draft User @Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch, @marauder666, @Andrew Davie and @Mr SQL

I'm getting consistent crash on "emulation exit" attempts on several ROMs.  One of those is "Lady Bug (PAL).bin"

Symptoms -- trigger exit --> black screen, or screen with vertical bars.

6 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I'm getting consistent crash on "emulation exit" attempts on several ROMs.  One of those is "Lady Bug (PAL).bin"

Symptoms -- trigger exit --> black screen, or screen with vertical bars.

Tried it (Public ROMs/Homebrew/PAL/E-L/Lady Bug (PAL).bin) too, and no issue with the exit function. If the PlusCart you tested is the one with the thin PCB you should try to clean the contacts and use a shell with this PlusCart.

I added your Cart #75 to the draft user group. Now your PlusCarts #49, #53, #75 and #78 are in this group.

10 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Tried it (Public ROMs/Homebrew/PAL/E-L/Lady Bug (PAL).bin) too, and no issue with the exit function. If the PlusCart you tested is the one with the thin PCB you should try to clean the contacts and use a shell with this PlusCart.

I added your Cart #75 to the draft user group. Now your PlusCarts #49, #53, #75 and #78 are in this group.

I'm not having issues now I've switched away from the thin PCB.

I think just pressing the RESET was enough to jiggle the contacts and crash the games I tested every now and then.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

New draft version v0.16.4 DEV

• giant code cleanup (by @Andrew Davie)
  • a lot of bug fixes

• faster downloading of "Offline ROMs"

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New draft version v0.16.4 DEV

• giant code cleanup (by @Andrew Davie)
  • a lot of bug fixes

• faster downloading of "Offline ROMs"

OK, just one thing to be aware on this...

Firstly there's a new "Setup/Set Line Spacing" option.  This lets you choose dense/regular/sparse spacing between lines, and changes the number of lines per screen accordingly (14/12/10). Now this mostly works OK, but there are situations where if your root menu goes over 1 page in length, then the menu system gets confused and you get a couple of "blank" menus you have to press the button on, before you get to where you really want to be.  So please be aware of that.

We will fix that one up ASAP.  Meanwhile, most people won't even notice that, because you need to have a lot of items in your root menu AND select a sparse (ish) line spacing to actually push the menu to 2 pages.

I updated and it looks 

17 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Firstly there's a new "Setup/Set Line Spacing" option.  This lets you choose dense/regular/sparse spacing between lines, and changes the number of lines per screen accordingly (14/12/10).

I updated and it looks like it worked because I have this option, but the version number is gone from the top of the Setup screen.

Line spacing is great, some feedback on selection bar - the selection bar is now red; I liked the C64esque light blue/white (that's not yellow) on blue color scheme better, red has too much contrast in the menu palette.

3 hours ago, Mr SQL said:

I updated and it looks 

I updated and it looks like it worked because I have this option, but the version number is gone from the top of the Setup screen.

Yes, the Version number in the top row will be moved to a new menu entry in the Setup screen, which will contain some more information about the PlusCart and the PlusStore account it is connected to.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

New firmware version v0.16.0 in PlusStore and GIT released for all PlusCart users:

• New fonts
  • New keyboard
  • New display (more rows, more colors)
  • Download buffer size increased (faster downloads)
  • Animated loading logo
  • Many bug fixes and tweaks

Hi, I just upgraded to the latest v.0.16.0, and I noticed that the menu items (in PAL) are often shown in a pink font, which makes them hard to read against the blue background.

IMG_5429.thumb.JPG.60b49b6cfba40668d406ff06a0c96ef9.JPG

In the Setup screen, the first 4 menu options are white (readable), but the rest is pinkish and hard to read. Is it my TV, or is it a setting I can change myself?

IMG_5431.thumb.JPG.86fbafc5074825e8ae661f5aca83bb72.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

New draft version v0.16.5 DEV

• Menu code rewrite (by @Andrew Davie)
  • PAL colors fixed (by @Andrew Davie)

• New "Setup/System Info"

• WiFi modul firmware update function. ("Setup/WiFi Firmware Update")

• Bug fixes

Love the new menu and the stuff in setup, all the little things added are welcome. Any reason why my cart wouldn't be connecting to wifi on first boot, I know I use to have this all the time when using hotspot and it seems it's my system and not my internet. If I hit retry once or twice it loads and I'm good. Just didn't know if we changed something down the line that would effect it.