IGNORED

Wii emulators on Wii menu vs homebrew channel

Swami

I just got a homebrewed Wii where the seller installed about 20 emulators on the wii menu as separate channels. I don't know why this would be better than running them from the sd card

1. SD card can have 32 GB storage while Wii menu has a few hundred megabytes. With all the emulators as channels, I had to delete a bunch of them to have ~1000 blocks of room to load 4 WW/VC titles at a time, only to swap SD cards to move WW/VC titles to SD and then swap back to load more to Wii.

2. If you put your emulators and roms on an SD card and run them from there, you have less chance of harming/bricking your wii

3. Every time you want to add a new rom to the emulator channel, you have to reload the emulator through a wad manager

--when you do this using the wad manager to have a wii menu channel for the emulator, does it recopy the whole emulator and roms each time or just the new roms?

Anyways, the three emulators I've tried to open that the guy put as channels just send me back to the wii menu.

Edit: Apparently, you can set up boot mii to handle everything automatically, although it works better for some emulators than others.