IGNORED

New Game Idea - Homebrew

When you mention dropping people, immediately my thoughts go to the Parachute type games. From there the step is not far to Circus, if instead of catching people on a boat at the bottom of the valley, have them bounce back to destroy more balloons. I get the feeling this could be a catch-all type of game, a lot of different levels and crazy variations on the same setup.

9 hours ago, carlsson said:

When you mention dropping people, immediately my thoughts go to the Parachute type games. From there the step is not far to Circus, if instead of catching people on a boat at the bottom of the valley, have them bounce back to destroy more balloons. I get the feeling this could be a catch-all type of game, a lot of different levels and crazy variations on the same setup.

I'd imagine that once he has polished Zeppelin Bomber, he could then make 2 adjacent (but separate) sequels/games sharing much of the same code/logic!

11 hours ago, cmadruga said:

Are you one of those guys who jumped?

No, although I think it would be a blast.

This one happened a few months earlier...

A stunt double did the actual jump, but Will Smith was on board for the scenes before the jump.

Oh, and "it's not a BLIMP! It's an AIRSHIP!"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2123504/Will-Smith-parachutes-blimp-Nickelodeons-Kids-Choice-Awards.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, carlsson said:

I was really alluding to the Monty Python sketch ? but your idea is cool regardless.

On 3/11/2020 at 5:32 PM, TIX said:

..blimp looks tiny nest to the giant plane  :P

also only 3 sprites is tough due to the shape..  I'll do a couple of tests tomorrow !

blimp-test.gif.66baea2e35065cd19c3422d1b2f4dc67.gif

You can use half height pixels to make the plane smaller.  Sprites can be 8 x 16 pixels.

10 minutes ago, CrazyChris said:

I thought this would be appropriate:

<iframe width="724" height="543" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9zIlSVT4mBA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Video isn’t showing up. I believe you can just paste links and it’ll show up now. 

Getting there !! still working on details..

I had to make it a little smaller but it's more nippy now  :D

biplane-loop.gif.63492389fdbf1d93e794bc157a85c174.gif

I suspect you don't have many sprites left, but you think you can fit a larger bomb for the blimp ?

blimp-test8.gif.1f4ff463515ce83c8586378c2e3ed0d7.gif

bomb.gif.c0aeecf6bbe4dac8288efc2797665cf8.gif

• Like 3