IGNORED

Todd Rogers does it again!

RCorcoran

I've already explained, Todd got PAID to get those scores.  Activision gave him a job as a game player or some such.  Its not like he sat around his mom's house and played those games in lieu of having a real life.

He's good at games, he got paid to be that way.    

:spidey:

For those of us who remember the beginning days of Activision and who were competing at that time to be top level gamers; I don't think it happened exactly like that. Remember, Todd does enjoy Activision games; as do I! Game on!

Also of note, I'm sorry to see some of the "Todd Threads" get locked out because of some seedy individuals trying to cause problems :x . Some of those whom I suspect to still be using multiple identities in other threads! You know who you are! This excludes Big Leo who I previously suspected... he is a real person. Sorry BigLeo!

I have photocopies of all the press releases from Activision from the CES shows back in the early 80's. Todd was invited by Activision to attend and demonstrate their new games and to "compete with different celebrities" on their various titles. At no time was Todd ever on Activisions' payroll, though he was compensated for his travel expenses. When I get some time, I will scan and post those articles so everyone can read them. :)

He must have been getting pumped with caffeine, cola and No-doze because I doubt I could stay awake for 86 hours straight, much less excel at anything regardless of what it might be.

Granted he is very good at games but sometimes I wonder about people who push themselves to these sort of extremes and wonder if there is something wrong with them.

• 7 months later...

Hello Fellow Gamers

Yes and what is REALLY Amazing is to think of the total amount of hours that i have racked up over the past 25 + years on Video games. Makes me wonder WHY the girls always ran the other way hhhhmmmm too much Ms PacMan. Anyways its great to see all the avid gamers that are out there these days and the contests that they run ....way to go..

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

He must have been getting pumped with caffeine, cola and No-doze because I doubt I could stay awake for 86 hours straight

I don't think it had to be 86 hours straight. As Inky pointed out, if he can take a break between levels, there's no reason he couldn't play a few hours, rest, play some more, rest, etc. It's a built-in "pause" feature, basically, but without actually qualifying as pausing the game (which, as far as I know, is a Twin Galaxies "no-no").

As for taping it, you can put 8 hours on an extended-play VHS cassette, so 11 tapes would do it. Just have two VCRs hooked up to a video camera, and alternate between them.

I wouldn't want to be the poor guy who had to confirm that score though. Yeesh. There's 86 hours wasted out of your life. (At least turn the volume off, or something. That music would drive me insane - and I actually like Journey.) Even watching "only" an hour a day, would take you almost 3 months!

Oh. I thought it had to be 86 hours straight without pausing. That is why I did not think it would be something I would ever attempt because I get cranky if I don't get enough sleep. Still it is an amazing thing that he accomplished because even resting in between would not allow me to do something like that without winding up in a hospital somewhere.

Greetings

Yes as a matter of fact i DID play the whole game non-stop without pause's. The Journey Escape game on the 2600 that i have if you wait to long like a time frame of 2 minutes and 34 seconds to be exact your game freezes up and you cannot continue. We are after all talking about after you finish up a wave. Its like this on Journey Escape if you miss the bus you die , if you run out of time you die so thus you have to keep at a relative fast pace to have constant continues or the game ends. Lets say if you pass the 1 Million point mark and you have a score of 1,050,400 and you keep hitting enemies that brings your score down to supposed -0- your score wont roll back below 1M if you are above it will just say $1 and as you gain points again it will read $50,001 or = $1,050,001. Journey Escape was a very intense that if i made one little mistake by being tired or sluggish my Marathon would have been over in a blink. I probably will not play Journey Escape for a long time due to the vast amount of hours that ive already put into it and as for taping my achievement it was a total of 14 tapes and yes Ron had to watch all of them. The only benifitting part of this Marathon is that when you do roll the 1Million points the point value is represented by your last digits in your score this tells you how many times youve rolled it so watching those tapes is a little easier then compaired to my 38 hr 15 million+ Pt Donkey Kong Marathon on the Atari 2600.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

I'm betting on the good ol' CX. It's the most durable (and most comfortable) stick ever made, in my experience.

If he used a PointMaster or some shitty thing like that, my eyes will pop out of my head. I'll tape it for you guys. Gives me quite a headache, but it looks cool.

Greetings  

Yes as a matter of fact i DID play the whole game non-stop without pause's.

Jinkies.

That's something I can't imagine ever even wanting to do. I've been awake a mere 40 or so hours straight before, but felt terrible doing so. Much less trying to play a game twice that long.

I don't want to even think about the whole bathroom issue. :ponder:

Archived