IGNORED

Speculation on "Extra chapter" of Doom 64 re-release

xabin

So, since it's only a week away from being released, and it's been confirmed to have new content (such as a new chapter that supposedly ties it into Doom 2016/Doom Eternal), what do you guys think the new content will be for the re-release of Doom 64?

For me, given the origin of the re-release and the crew behind it, I'm going to say it'll be the Outcast Levels from the Doom Absolution TC. Either way, it'll be cool to see what new stuff the porting crew is planning on doing with it.

I don't know about it tying in, but I read a piece on someone covering info on the new chapter that the company said it's kind of like the last chapter of the existing game a bit. The boss on it is a harder version of the long standing boss already in the game, a sister to it, just meaner.  I don't recall any other details about the stages or things within them though, just that sister bit stuck in my mind.  I have to admit, I'm a bit tempted despite having held onto that cart for over 20 years.