IGNORED

Lynx 2 Display fixable?

dberlin

Hello all,

I'm a long time Atari fan. My parents bought an ATARI ST in the late 80s so I was thrilled when I saw the Atari Lynx and later Lynx 2- but of course I didn't get one... 

However, I always so much wanted a Lynx 2- so I was very much excited when I won an auction for a working unit a few days ago with a few games. I paid too much yes, but I really wanted one- so I was devastated when I switched it on to see this:

So my question is... if it's fixable?
They don't seem to be dead pixels as it depends on the viewing angle:

Also these marks can be seen when the unit is switched off:

I somehow expect the answer to be no :( , so is there any way to get an original screen? A mod with a Mcwill or Bennvenn is not an option to me, currently. I'm really sad about this issue as a lynx was my childhood dream. Yes, I talked to the seller and after some hassle I agreed for a small discount. Just not in the mood for arguing in these times.

Thx for reading, Dan

This could be fixed by just changing the display. As I already modded my Lynx 2 I should have a spare that I could part with. I just have to check that the display is ok. Germany is pretty close so I assume I could send it in a bubble envelope cheap. (around €2.40 or so)