IGNORED

Atari XEGS Kangaroo ROM

So I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out with a specific request. I know that there is a version of the Atari 400/800 Kangaroo proto that runs on an Atari 800XL and XEGS. And I know this for a fact because I have it among many other unique rom files on my SD cartridge, which works on my system.

However, those rom files are not “normal eprom cart friendly bins”. And what I’m trying to do is build myself a stand alone Kangaroo eprom cartridge to play on my XEGS.

So what I need is for someone to extrapolate or create this “normal” bin file so that all I have to do is burn it to an eprom here on my end, so I can then assemble my cartridge.

Thanks,

Billy

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Afair, @Wrathchild did an XL/XE compatible ROM of Kangaroo. I already downloaded it and my friend burned it on an Eprom cartridge for me, which plays fine on my 800XL computer...

Kangaroo_XL.rom 16 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you for the above file. It looks like it’s a 16kb game, which would be for a 27128 eprom. However, my eprom cartridge uses two 2764 EPROMs. So now, how would I correctly split this into 2 bins? (byte split, interleaving, odds & evens, etc. I never understand that part & I can never get that right? And in addition, does it matter which position each eprom goes? (like with 2600 it has that whole high & low thing) but most 8-bit eprom carts don’t have etchings or markings on the board.

1 hour ago, Supergun said:

Thank you for the above file. It looks like it’s a 16kb game, which would be for a 27128 eprom. However, my eprom cartridge uses two 2764 EPROMs. So now, how would I correctly split this into 2 bins? (byte split, interleaving, odds & evens, etc. I never understand that part & I can never get that right? And in addition, does it matter which position each eprom goes? (like with 2600 it has that whole high & low thing) but most 8-bit eprom carts don’t have etchings or markings on the board.

Split into two 8192 byte files.

Burn one to each 2764.

IIRC, it's usually low part on left, high on right.