IGNORED

Shuuz

Cobra Kai

This game just popped into my head today. I love this game, and I've only seen one cabinet of Shuuz in my life. I played the crap out of it while it was available at the local arcade, but when it was gone, well, it was gone forever. I don't see this gem anywhere!

Anyone else enjoy this game? I could imagine it would have done well on a bar route, as it just seems the perfect fit for a bar/lounge. Uhg..I hate when I remember a great game, but then I can't play it!

I've been playing this fun game for a couple of years through MAME, it was featured on some website as an underappreciated arcade game. It plays well with mouse control simulating an analog joystick. It also works with my Hotrod arcade joystick.

Never seen it at the arcade though:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9536

I remember the Arcade version having Trackball control, so thats why I haven't bothered with getting it on MAME, as I don't have one of those fancy trackball mouse'.

Thats a horrible pic at KLOV of the cabinet. Thats not a joystick on there, its a trackball I'm sure of it. :)

Yes, that is correct. The worn part of the control panel in front of the trackball makes it appear to be a stick (if you notice, it's the curved part of the front of the panel).

The kids enjoyed making the round girl giggle as she walked by :D

Well Mame has full arcade trackball support and some trackball support in the form of mouse control. I use my trackball mouse as a good alternative control. I find it works decently in games like Centipede too. But you could always get some of the nifty arcade joysticks that have spinners built into them.

Well Mame has full arcade trackball support and some trackball support in the form of mouse control.  I use my trackball mouse as a good alternative control.  I find it works decently in games like Centipede too.  But you could always get some of the nifty arcade joysticks that have spinners built into them.

Or build your own joystick with joysticks, spinner, trackball, etc. etc. for way cheaper than it would cost to buy :D

Shuuz is definitely an all time fav :) since making my arcade trackball (see my page ;) ) it's the most played game I have in mame. I built the thing primarily for Missle Command but I end up playing centipede, millipede and shuuz more.

• 6 years later...

My apologies for necro-posting, but I just played this game for my first time on a friend's MAME cabinet with the trackball last night. I thought it had potential to be a lot of fun.

We went to round 9 before we had to stop since we had something else going on-- so, how many rounds does it go?

Also, how many beer rounds are there? Just one? Is it always round 3, or is it random?

Is there a way to hit the turtle when he crosses? Are there other animals?

Just trying to find out a little bit of info, since I could not find a lot about it online.

Thanks!

-John

Archived