IGNORED

SpartaDOS X 4.49 (release version)

drac030

I envisaged a potential problem with endless recursion in my own DOS's copy function, and decided to see how this situation was handled in SDX. It isn't, but perhaps this is intentional.

Let's say you have a folder called 'TEST'. In that folder are a few files and one or more folders. You want to recursively copy all the files and folders into the folder 'TEST2', which is an immediate child of 'TEST', and TEST is the current working directory. You type:

COPY /R *.* TEST2>

The result:

1047191719_copyingsdx.thumb.png.47f99abbd7e90a97613852a706201206.png

(stopped with BREAK in the screenshot). I haven't actually trapped this situation myself yet, but it strikes me that the absolute path to the source and target directories will be the same when this situation crops up, so it should be relatively easy to detect (and thereby skip the directory).

EDIT: I see that the manual explicitly warns against attempting this kind of thing, so fair enough.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2022 at 2:59 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

atari8.info is slowly blanking out...  someone needs to see it's not under attack...

Well the hosting provider is up. Both atari8.info and sdx.atari8.info resolve to the same IP and the previous is providing service on port 80. The later is providing a redirection page:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">
<!-- Begin
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape')
var language = navigator.language;
else
var language = navigator.browserLanguage;

if (language.indexOf('pl') > -1)
  document.location.href = 'http://sdx.atari8.info/index.php';
else 
  document.location.href = 'http://sdx.atari8.info/index.php';
// End -->
</script>

which means the everything should otherwise be working for the site. The redirected index.php isn't being served up so either it isn't there or there is a permission issue possibly on the server?

Anyways its been down for me for a few days (New York.) 

ninex@echelon:~$ curl  https://sdx.atari8.info/index.php -v

> GET /index.php HTTP/2
> Host: sdx.atari8.info
> user-agent: curl/7.74.0
> accept: */*
>
* Connection state changed (MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS == 100)!
< HTTP/2 500
* Connection #0 to host sdx.atari8.info left intact

500 usually mean wrong webserver config or php code or database connections problem.

Server is up, static files are served correctly, the problem is probably with site code itself.

28 minutes ago, MrFSL said:

You might notice drac030 has not been around frequently. His last response to a thread was in February. Anyone know whom else makes up the DLT team?

@drac030 may not have posted since February, but he last logged into the forum on April 28.

The website listed in his profile also has an email address.

sdx imager tries to open the last used rom on startup but when it decides it doesn't like it, it will present a msgbox saying so and then crash (if it happens to somebody else, delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DLT)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tmp said:

sdx imager tries to open the last used rom on startup but when it decides it doesn't like it, it will present a msgbox saying so and then crash (if it happens to somebody else, delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DLT)

6 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I have noticed with the expression

200 OPEN #2,8,0,DAT$   

400 IF MODE<>8 THEN PUT#2, COUNT

works fine with DOS 2.5, but not in SDX (tried with both).

@trub, @drac030  

@tmp

Thanks for the report. I have uploaded a new version of SDX Imager 3.1.2 which should not crash when there is a problem opening the last file.

@Ricky Spanish

Provide more information to let us know what is going on.

We will be working on the COPY /R bug with long device specification.

Edited by trub
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I updated to SDX 4.49g today. I will say I was most impressed when I switched into CON 80 mode and tested ED with my config.sys file and ED opened in it's own window in front of the CLI! Normally when I try to use ED in CON 80 mode the system crashes.

Outstanding job to those involved.