IGNORED

NanoPEB repair?

Vorticon

Is the NanoPEB serviceable at all? Mine finally died after 3 years of 24/7 use. I just get the F18A screen when I power it up. I changed the IDE to CF adapter, the power supply, cleaned the contacts but with no luck. Is anyone able to diagnose and repair them?

Should be able to check the voltages at the regulator with it plugged in - make sure you're getting Vout at 5V.  I know there's precious few other components, but he has them all globbed/soldered on top of each other.  Troubleshooting is working out which one is causing the bus contention that is keeping the system from powering on.  

I had a nano which apparently died.  Turned out to be the right-angle IDE connector between the board and the CF adapter.  I still have not sourced a replacement so I am down one nanoPEB.
He was shipping these for a while with too short of pins... May just be a bad connection

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

He was shipping these for a while with too short of pins... May just be a bad connection

Exactly what it is on mine.  I swapped the connector with a CF7+ and another nanoPEB and it works.  I just need to replace the connector.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:20 PM, Vorticon said:

I did. It's fine...

FYI. I have found that my CF cards all work best by setting the strap from 5.0 VDC to 3.3 VDC.  It's even on my old CF7A+ unit's 90 degree mounted CF adapter.  I'v also had to quick format CF cards due to volume one being trashed.  The quick format allows recovery of all remaining volumes after converting to TI format, so only transferring another 1600 volume to volume one finish's a complete recovery!

Retro Bill

Worth a try.

Incidentally, I double checked my CF card using TIDir, and I can read the volume list, but I cannot seem to open any volume to view the contents. Is that normal? I quick formatted the card then tried again with similar results. I tried my know working card for my CF7+ and same thing. What do you guys use to prepare the CF card? It's been a long time since I have played with it...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried them all and confirmed that all my CF cards are good. I think the problem lies with the NanoPEB itself unfortunately. Now the only use I had for it was to connect a dedicated TI console via a wireless serial connection to my home built weather station on the deck. But fear not, I am running some tests to see if I can use my CC40 computer with the RS232 hexbus peripheral instead! If I can manage to get it to work, that would be an awesome use for that little computer which is otherwise sitting idle on a shelf... :)

• Like 4