IGNORED

Duke Nukem 3D android?

xabin

Years ago, I picked up Duke Nukem 3D on android, but I didn't really pay it. Now that I want to play FPSes like Doom and Duke Nukem on my tablet/phone, I want to unlock the other two chapters in the game, but it requires a root hack, and I don't want to do that. Is there a way I can get those two chapters unlocked, or am I boned? I do have the Megaton edition on PC, and I know there's a way to play PC games through Dosbox on android, but I dunno how to do that, either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

3 hours ago, xabin said:

Years ago, I picked up Duke Nukem 3D on android, but I didn't really play it. Now that I want to play FPSes like Doom and Duke Nukem on my tablet/phone, I want to unlock the other two chapters in the game, but it requires a root hack, and I don't want to do that. Is there a way I can get those two chapters unlocked, or am I boned? I do have the Megaton edition on PC, and I know there's a way to play PC games through Dosbox on android, but I dunno how to do that, either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sorry, I meant play it, not pay it. ugh. Anyway, tried several rooting programs on my tablet, and none of them work, my tablet seems to be unrootable, for some reason. Got the Dosbox version of Duke Nukem 3D to work, but it plays like utter crap on there, so yeah, I guess I'm just not meant to play it on the go, right now...

I don't know why you would want to play those on Android, unless you have a gamepad you can use @_@

Sorry, I know I'm not being helpful at all :) I couldn't get a root guide for one of my tablets either, but the Nook was super easy. I forget the details, but basically I just hooked the USB up to my PC, and there was a program that enabled some dev settings so I could transfer whatever right over.

If the Android version is anything like the PC version, you should be able to just swap the GRP file with the one from the full registered game. I think. I know DOOM works that way with WAD files.

1 hour ago, Asaki said:

I don't know why you would want to play those on Android, unless you have a gamepad you can use @_@

Sorry, I know I'm not being helpful at all :) I couldn't get a root guide for one of my tablets either, but the Nook was super easy. I forget the details, but basically I just hooked the USB up to my PC, and there was a program that enabled some dev settings so I could transfer whatever right over.

If the Android version is anything like the PC version, you should be able to just swap the GRP file with the one from the full registered game. I think. I know DOOM works that way with WAD files.

There's a specific way of doing it, with this version, but it requires rooting the tablet, and I can't get any rooting system to work with my tablet; it recognizes the tablet, but the tablet refuses to root, like, at all. It doesn't brick it or anything, it just doesn't root. I do have a smartphone, but it's a government-issued one for emergencies, and I don't want to risk bricking that just to get the game working.