IGNORED

Can I get a head count?

eddhell

3 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Hmmmm,

I do own 5 Atari 800XL computers (four of them upgraded to 576k RAM, alas two of them seem to be defective and need repairs), 4 Atari 1050 drives with Speedy upgrade (two of them need repairs as well) and 4 Atari XF551 drives with Hyper-XF-OS (2x 5,25" and 2x 3,5"). Think I have enough Atari computers and floppy drives now. Most important: Need to repair (let someone repair) the defective stuff...

Thinking about buying PokeyMax (small version with mono/stereo/covox -or- large version with 4xPokey and more stuff), but have not decided yet, since I rarely use my two stereo enhancements by Lotharek...

Things I may sell (or trade?) in the near future:

1x XC-11 (record+play both work fine, rewind+fast forward do not work or better they work slower than play...)

2x IDE+/IDE-2 Rev. E (with CF-slot, since I never use it)

If you do decide to sell a working setup, an 800xl plus 1050 just hit me with a message and quote me the price incl. shipped to 75491 zip.

Thanks for all the replies, a lot more than anticipated...

Looks like we are all pretty much in the same boat - always on the lookout for good prices but not going out of the way or overpaying for stuff.  Most of you seem to have some multi-cart or SIO device to load games or interested in a setup with one.

And I forgot my introduction in the first post, I'm Eddie and I'm an Atari-holic...It's been 1 week since my last purchase...lol

Anyway, like most of you, I am always on the lookout for good deals, but not going too far out of the way for one.

10 hours ago, Ray Gillman said:

I am in Whitewright (West Fannin County) (Northeast Texas) - but I could ship just now is a terrible time for an Atari party.  It's low priority for now I suppose.  I'll come back to this idea later this year.
Thank you for your feedback

You could still mail to someone nearby, which is cheaper, faster, and safer... ;)

Edited by _The Doctor__

2 hours ago, eddhell said:

And I forgot my introduction in the first post, I'm Eddie and I'm an Atari-holic...It's been 1 week since my last purchase...lol

(in unison, "Hi Eddie"). ?
I find it easy to keep my problem in check. Get yourself a wife and make sure you're in a house that doesn't support a large collection of retro computers and that tamps down your problem pretty quickly.

49 minutes ago, Justin Payne said:

(in unison, "Hi Eddie"). ?
I find it easy to keep my problem in check. Get yourself a wife and make sure you're in a house that doesn't support a large collection of retro computers and that tamps down your problem pretty quickly.

You must have a fairly large house considering all the equipment you list at the bottom.  A wife is THE check valve for my collection.  If it were up to her, all of it would be in the trash.

Just now, gilsaluki said:

You must have a fairly large house considering all the equipment you list at the bottom.  A wife is THE check valve for my collection.  If it were up to her, all of it would be in the trash.

See, that's the problem. I don't so most stuff I currently boxed up so I'm looking forward to a larger house in the near future....or a smaller collection.
Yes, I know what you mean. When Atari Age allowed for more lines in a person's signature, I had some mention about my collection or as my wife calls it, "Junk". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eddhell said:

like most of you, I am always on the lookout for good deals, but not going too far out of the way for one.

I'm the same, pretty much. Even though I'm new to this whole thing, I have been just looking anywhere I can online for A8 stuff. But good deals are hard to find.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheRaven81 said:

I'm the same, pretty much. Even though I'm new to this whole thing, I have been just looking anywhere I can online for A8 stuff. But good deals are hard to find.

Good stuff is getting harder to find these days.  But be open to some equipment others dismiss.  For example: For years I wanted an Atari 822 Thermal Printer.  It is perfect for program listings, short notes, printing calendars (Antic's Pocket Calendar and the like.  However, by the time I started searching for one, these things, even in unknown condition, prices were to the Moon.  I remembered from my old Antic Magazines (THE Atari Resource) ads for an Alphacom 42.  It too is a 40-col thermal printer.  I found one listed on eBay (really cheap, the dude was just trying to find a good home for it) with some other stuff I did not need at the time (1050, controllers, etc.)   I got the printer with no PSU.  Well, it was an voltage (29 volts).  I could not find PSU to save my life.  So, it sat unused for 4 years.  Then I got the urge to really use the thing.  So I searched on the eBay and found a transformer with that voltage output.  I was just a transformer.  I then made my own PSU, and Wha La!  It works perfectly.  Couldn't find the EXACT thermal paper roll, but found one that was within 1/16th in. of the original paper.  It prints wonderfully.   So, be open to some DIY and you can still find good deals.  So for about $30 a got what I wanted. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

I remembered from my old Antic Magazines (THE Atari Resource) ads for an Alphacom 42.  It too is a 40-col thermal printer.  I found one listed on eBay (really cheap, the dude was just trying to find a good home for it) with some other stuff I did not need at the time (1050, controllers, etc.)   I got the printer with no PSU.  Well, it was an voltage (29 volts).  

Interesting that the 822 and Alphacom have different PSUs.