IGNORED

RINGS

DrTypo

28 minutes ago, DrTypo said:

Yes indeed. That's an unexpected behaviour! Is Saturn cheating????

1 minute ago, UHATEIT said:

I follow Saturn's Sega CD hacks page and have used a hex editor to hack in infinite lives/invincibility codes. I imagine he found a way to hack in some sort of life replenish or invincibility as the meter barely moves haha. 

Nothing against Saturn, I wish I knew how to find those things! I can hack them in only if someone tells me where they are. I need that hack for Microcosm. 

The shorter vids are my actual playing (and losing), the long play are hacks to showcase the levels/game. When Wave1 asked, I was dodging the question but left the " :P " at the end as a telltale sign that I was indeed cheating :)

On 4/19/2020 at 12:36 AM, Saturn said:

Here's a playthrough of the entire game. The levels are gorgeous with Canyon being my current favorite. The red is beautiful:lust: The others are remarkable as well though and Water was a close second.
Really like the enemies (towers?) on the ground. Shooting them is a lot easier as they don't zip around or go higher than your crosshairs are able.

Video breakdown:

Level 1/2 transition screen starts at 2:27
2/3 starts at 4:49
3/4 @ 7:11
4/5 @ 8:40
5/6 @ 11:03
6/7 @ 13:24
End screen @ 15:47

Is there a way to increase the volume on the yellow sphere pick up sound? Sometimes I can't tell if I picked it up as the (awesome) soundtrack muffles it. This then leads me to think the hit detection is off, assuming I missed the sphere, but looked dead on it on screen.

Either way, EXCELLENT game and another go-to for some quick play joining the ranks of TubeSE, Rebooteroids, Fallen Angel, Breakout 2000 and a few others..:thumbsup:

Original darker version and stats here

Level 1/2 transition screen starts at 2:35
2/3 starts at 4:56
3/4 @ 7:18
4/5 @ 8:50
5/6 @ 11:12
6/7 @ 13:33
End screen @ 15:54

The voxels look awesome!

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:20 PM, Saturn said:

The shorter vids are my actual playing (and losing), the long play are hacks to showcase the levels/game. When Wave1 asked, I was dodging the question but left the " :P " at the end as a telltale sign that I was indeed cheating :)

It's cool, I think its great because then it shows us all what the full game looks like if too hard to get all the way there! I wish I knew how to do those sort of hacks like you do!

I am glad someone had already said amplified the power up sound. I couldn't really tell if I was getting it because the sound was too minimal. I think I basically hit the ground Everytime going down to get it and negates the additional shield I get from the yellow orbs as I lose it hitting the floor haha. 

As great as the music is in this awesome game, I would really like to see an Sfx only mode (like Tempest2000 has), so I can concentrate on the intense gameplay more.  I often switch off the music in Tempest2000 for the same reason.

It is often difficult in this game to distinguish important sound effects from the music.  I think the sfx of being hit by enemy fire or by enemy collisions or the sfx of firing your weapon or hitting the ground are equally as important to hear... as the sound of collecting a pod.

Ideally it would be great to have a volume slider for both sfx and music... that would add some much needed customisation, but I understand you have to 'draw a line' under development for these projects at some point.

I also wondered how easy it would be to implement some kind of moving star field in the background during gameplay.  That would add to the graphical experience nicely.

Aside from this feedback I gotta congratulate you for an absolutely awesome game here... genuinely a better all round gaming experience than much of the commercial library... and nothing quite as intense as this available apart from Tempest2000.

Many thanks for some great work here @DrTypo  , look forward to seeing your future projects too ?

1 hour ago, DrTypo said:

Here is a new release candidate. It should be the final one.

I added a boss fight and amplified the powerup sound.

There is also a secret cheat, will you find it? It doesn't give unlimited energy...

Nice, thank you for this!

Blazing through it right now?

Play through of RC2 with Boss Fight :)

Level 2) Forest transition screen starts at 1:56
3) Water starts at 3:43
4) Bonus @ 5:28
5) Computer @ 6:39
6) Dunes @ 8:25
7) Canyon @ 10:11
8 ) Boss Fight @ 11:57
End screen @ 13:41

8 hours ago, DrTypo said:

@GoldenGraham Thanks for the feed-back. I added a music switch (use the option button).

I don't think I'll add a star-field though. Well, I'll think about it but no promises...

Awesome @DrTypo, many thanks.  I'll give RC3 a spin later today ?  Yes I imagine it would be difficult to get a moving starfield to look 'right'.  Could look great if done right though ;)

I hadn't noticed the volume changer/switch and then went back to the thread and saw you press OPTION and it turns music on and off. But what was crazy in messing with buttons and the OPTION button the first time it actually sent me straight to the BOSS battle! Dude is crazy hard I was dead inside of 5 seconds! I tried figuring out the button presses again and was able to get to the Boss directly again. Cool to see what is at the end even tho I am still yet to get past the first ring as I always end up dying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...