IGNORED

2 questions about the CX40 2600 controller

Ketzergon

Hello, all.

The Atari 2600 was my first console ever and recently I came with the idea of playing all the games I've ever played in it, but also I want to do it with style and I love transparent things, so I want a transparent controller. I've been searching for a LOOONG time now and the Retro Bit ones are discountinued and the two that I found to purchase are in stores that doesn't give me confidence. My first question is, does anyone know where I can buy one or anyone have one to sell?

My second question is, is there a way to remove the plastic ring that keeps in place the sillicon boot? How can I do it?

Thank you. Saludos.

I can answer your 2nd question.  Yes, you can remove it.  It's held on by locking clips underneath.  You need to get to take the stick apart and carefully work on the clips on the underside.  These sticks are old, so those clips can be brittle.  I've broken a few clips/rings in my past, so be careful when prying on those clips.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Deteacher said:

I can answer your 2nd question.  Yes, you can remove it.  It's held on by locking clips underneath.  You need to get to take the stick apart and carefully work on the clips on the underside.  These sticks are old, so those clips can be brittle.  I've broken a few clips/rings in my past, so be careful when prying on those clips.  

I took apart the joystick yesterday and saw those clips that you mentioned, I got afraid to break it so I leave it alone beacuse I wasn't sure if it was removable but thank you for the confirmation (and the answer), I will try again.

4 hours ago, funcool said:

I bought some refurbished OEM Atari 2600 Joysticks on Ebay. They work great.

3 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

My suggestion.  Find a real CX-40 then replace the contact board with the Gold contact board made by Best Electronics.  They really do make a significant difference.  Check them out.  Not cheap, but WELL worth it.

I think you didn't read the whole post XD I have OEM CX40 controllers, I want a transparent one...thanks for answer anyway.