IGNORED

Anyone good at Cosmic Avenger?

ZillaRUSH

I haven't played much yet, but didn't have any trouble with it.

Keep and eye out for enemies appearing from the left side of the screen.

The "tanks" projectile will kill those left side spawning enemies, so it's best to shoot the tanks instead of bombing them  That way their bullet flies above your ship and towards those guys chasing you.

The bombs have a large hit radius, as though their explosion is the hit box. So you don't need to worry as much as more modern games when aiming your bombs. Just be careful (esoecially with targets high up on the screen) because explosions seem to kill you as well.

Be mindful of the negative space available: the area you can move around in. You don't want to get caught off guard by an incomong incline. If there isn't an immediate threat, I try to position myself in the middle of the negative space, so I have as much leeway as possible to manuever against whatever comes up next.

It's not a 'blast everything' with massive firepower style game like shooters from the late 80's. It's much more methodical like R-Type. Prioritizing dodging is the key to longevity and the longer you survive the more that casually picking off enemies as needed becomes second nature.

Once you get comfortable with the game you can push more at trying to kill everything.

• Like 1