IGNORED

Kat 5200 controller issue

Stevaside

Been trying quite a few more emulators during this lockdown, and this one for the 5200 seems to run all games & work except for 1 main problem: It will NOT detect me pressing right on the DPAD during the configuration

It's a pretty old PC control pad I found up in my closet I started using (Microsoft Sidewinder?? with no analog sticks, 4 main buttons & just 2 shoulder buttons)Honestly I can't even remember where I got it from but it works fine with NES Emulators & others so I don't understand what the issue is here. UP, LEFT, DOWN registers & maps it but not RIGHT for some reason

Anyone??

Edited by Stevaside

I just tried it with an old gravis gamepad (4 buttons and dpad only).  It works fine; kat5200-0.8.1 win7 64-bit.  You can manually set the mapping if autodetect doesn't work.  I do prefer Altirra, since it's the only one where I can get trakball emulation working properly.

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

I just tried it with an old gravis gamepad (4 buttons and dpad only).  It works fine; kat5200-0.8.1 win7 64-bit.  You can manually set the mapping if autodetect doesn't work.  I do prefer Altirra, since it's the only one where I can get trakball emulation working properly.

Manually setting it is what I was trying, when I hit the RIGHT on the DPAD to set as RIGHT , nothing happened. Couldn't seem to figure out how to just let it autodetect the DPAD