IGNORED

Intellivision II Controller Upgrades

KylJoy

Has anyone replaced the number pad of a INTV II controller with a bubble version from a model I controller or replaced the rock-hard side buttons with others?  I want an INTV II with these mods and straightened cords.

Ideas?

With the designs so different between the 2's controllers i dont think the parts are compatible. Not saying it cant be done but i dont think the parts can drop into each other. I know the discs are very different.

14 hours ago, stupus said:

With the designs so different between the 2's controllers i dont think the parts are compatible. Not saying it cant be done but i dont think the parts can drop into each other. I know the discs are very different.

Yeah, they are vastly different.  I actually prefer the original model but also like the compact nature of the II for my everyday system.  I do use a Sears controller but now we are into Frankenstein territory.  :)  I want to show off my systems but also have them be useful, comfortable, and fun to play with.

I do like the exterior power supply on the 2. But thats about it. I think the systems last longer from this but then the controllers are so bad.

The sears are the best of any system i think.

So i agree the best mod would be to paint the sears sticks and use sticklers or a black sticker on the discs to make them match. If you really want a nicely matching setup.

The inty 2 controller shells themselves are just so badly made too.

• 2 weeks later...