IGNORED

Pitfall II / Raiders of the Lost Arc

chewbasta

Hi, these were my 2 all time favorite games for the Atari 2600. I have Stella as well as MAME, however I cannot get pitfall2 to play at all on either, and Raiders won't go past the starting screen. I got the roms here, and am completly incapable of using a dos emulator. :-(

Any help or direction would be VERY much appreciated.

The Pitfall 2 cartridge had a special chip inside (for the music), making the ROM unplayable in Stella. (I'm mad about it too!)

As for Raiders... I don't know.

You could always try playing the 5200 version in Jum52 (or another 5200 emulator). I have tried that and it works.

You need to try PCAEWin which runs it with poor sound but it does work and has a good Windows interface.

You're best bet would be to download the Windows version of Z26:

http://www.whimsey.com/z26/z26.html

While it doesn't have any GUI yet you can take a copy of your Pitfall II rom and just drag it over to the Z26.exe file, it will run it and it handles the game pretty well. There's a front-end on that page too, didnt see it before, might be worth a try.

The Pitfall 2 cartridge had a special chip inside (for the music), making the ROM unplayable in Stella.  (I'm mad about it too!)

As for Raiders... I don't know.

You could always try playing the 5200 version in Jum52 (or another 5200 emulator).  I have tried that and it works.

You right if you have a Mac you can't play the 2600 Pitfall II anywhere. I prefer Atari800OSX for my 5200 emulation but that is the best solution to play that game :)

For Raiders of the Lost Ark you need the second joystick. So you must see, what the emulator has for keys for the second joystick.

On german keyboard you must use "k" left "l" down "ö" right "o" up and "j" for Fire (when I not wrong, or maybe a bit differnet).

With the first joystick you just switch between the items, and drop them away. With the second joystick you can walk and use items. :)