IGNORED

Sonic the Hedgehog - iPod Nano clickwheel game

TheGrandPubaa

I suppose this may or may not be considered on topic, but I wasn't really sure where else to post this. I just got an iPod Nano from eBay i'm planning to set up for my wife for audiobook/podcast purposes, and I discovered that it has an installed copy of the clickwheel version of Sonic the Hedgehog. The Nano is still charging so I haven't taken the time to confirm it launches, but I did take the possibly pointless precaution of making a backup of the iPod_Control folder which contains whatever music is on the device as well as any installed games(looks like it's just Sonic and Solitaire). My understanding is that the clickwheel games were one-time downloads tied to the iTunes account that purchased them, and around maybe 2011 Apple pulled all downloads for the clickwheel games entirely. For the moment, I have prevented iTunes on my Mac to access the iPod so as to temporarily prevent it from wiping anything or possibly deauthorizing the game.

Is there any known workaround for clickwheel games such that I don't have to lose this one into the ether? It seems a shame to just let it go.

Thanks and a thousand pardons for the potentially off-topic post.