IGNORED

Mission for SG-1000 and Master System (Created By Me)

Hello to all, I've just decided to create a type of Mission emulator for the SG-1000 and Master System. It can be seen here: https://www.smspower.org/forums/17943-MissionForSG1000BasedOffOfMSXVersionByMarcelDeKogel

This was also based off of Mission for MSX by Marcel De Kogel.

This post has been edited.

Edited by Taylor the Gaming Guy

Not to sound mean or anything, but that SMSPower forum thread is not really about "Mission", you only present it at the end of the thread.

It would be nice if you presented what "Mission" actually is before posting a link like that. In this day and age, you can't just expect people to download and open unknown zip files.

ok i figured what it is. seems you have a loader for colecovision games to run on a sg-1000. It wasn't clear what this was for.

I tried them out in a sg-1000 emulator and indeed the title screens would come up. Interesting. Please continue. I'd love to eventually get some coleco games working on my master system.

Edited by digress

46 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Not to sound mean or anything, but that SMSPower forum thread is not really about "Mission", you only present it at the end of the thread.

It would be nice if you presented what "Mission" actually is before posting a link like that. In this day and age, you can't just expect people to download and open unknown zip files.

I see. Well I just worked hard on it, but you do good on your conversions. So, I think that kinda explains anything. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I also will do this.

Do you also think I should have created a new thread in the SMS Power! forum?

12 minutes ago, digress said:

ok i figured what it is. seems you have a loader for colecovision games to run on a sg-1000. It wasn't clear what this was for.

I tried them out in a sg-1000 emulator and indeed the title screens would come up. Interesting. Please continue. I'd love to eventually get some coleco games working on my master system.

I'm glad you liked this emulator, try to check some of my others like ColecoVision to MSX and MSX to Master System conversions. ?

BTW, this was based off of Mission which is basically an emulator for MSX by Marcel De Kogel.

wouldn't a bridge or convertor be more accurate. Emulator suggests that it is emulating all aspects of a coleco.

I'm not sure what you've done but i suspect it is redirecting addresses from one bios to another.

Very cool that it works partially. I don't know how you get around coleco bios routines though.

19 minutes ago, digress said:

wouldn't a bridge or convertor be more accurate. Emulator suggests that it is emulating all aspects of a coleco.

I'm not sure what you've done but i suspect it is redirecting addresses from one bios to another.

Very cool that it works partially. I don't know how you get around coleco bios routines though.

The BIOS was edited. In the last sentence in the file of this loader, you'll see who has edited the BIOS when this user has converted Gyruss. Plus, it would be much more better if Coleco and Sega teamed up to create a ColecoVision adapter for the Sega system. The cartridge might need to have the Coleco controllers built in though because the number pad isn't available on the Sega controller.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 5.56.42 PM.png

• Like 1

the dina system has sg-1000 compatility & coleco vision compatibility.

2 cart slots 1 for each but 1 mother board and they both use the same control sticks. there is 1 keypad which is on the system base for game selection.

Quite a cool little system. I have 1.

4 hours ago, digress said:

the dina system has sg-1000 compatility & coleco vision compatibility.

2 cart slots 1 for each but 1 mother board and they both use the same control sticks. there is 1 keypad which is on the system base for game selection.

Quite a cool little system. I have 1.

The Bit Corp. Dina. I have the BIOS ROMs for it. It's inside the BlueMSX inside RetroArch. It doesn't have the option to use that system though.

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2020 at 11:13 AM, Pixelboy said:

Hey, I fixed it, sorry I haven't responded. I am doing an MSX game for SGM called Flash Splash, it can be useful for ADAM if it can. I am using the source of your own SGM code, I am still working on it, but if you want, you can test it out.

And also, I am trying to put the SG-1000 version of H.E.R.O. on the ColecoVision.

Also, would Poppaq the Fish be nice for Coleco? I'm doing that too.