IGNORED

Atari 800 case wanted

cwilbar

I purchased a lot of Atari stuff via eBay, and as usual, it was not properly packed.  Software, power supplies, joysticks, disks, and documentation at the bottom, then an Atari 800, then an Atari 800XL, and finally on top an Atari 810 disk drive.

The Atari 800 case got smashed..... 5 keys were dislogged (KB may be ok, need to test), and the right side front of the 800 both top and bottom have been smashed.

So.... I'll be taking this up with the seller, but wondering if anyone out there has a 800 case (top and bottom, and due to yellowing the cartridge door and ram/etc slot cover if possible to reduce mismatched shades of yellow/beige) ?

If you have something let me know.... hoping someone has a dead 800, or plastic saved from a dead parted 800.

Each item (not couting the stuff in the bottom had 1-2 layers of thin bubblewrap around them.... and two pieces of styrofoam on the top of everything. 

Why can't people learn to pack items for shipping ?  Is it really that hard ?  Do they like giving partial refunds or taking returns ?

Packing items well is cheap 'insurance'.  I can't tell you how many eBay items over the years I've had to teach sellers tough lessons by making them give me money back due to their own inability to pack items.  Sadly, they probably think it's the fault of USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.

-- Curt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another bump looking for Atari 800 case plastics... I don't even mind if they are yellowed at this point.

I taped together the bits of the case... a few are missing.... but I'd have so many pieces to try to glue... no matter what I do this thing will never look good.  Only idea I had if I had all the pieces, is glue it, epoxy the back, then sand and make a custom painted color 800.  But I'd rather find another case for it.

Alternately if you have a dead Atari 800 or one missing cards/chips/etc.... I'd be interested for the shell (and whatever other spare bits might be salvageable).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, R.Cade said:

They are really scarce. Probably best to just find another entire 800.

It's true. And you could probably 'part out' your smashed 800 and raise at least enough to fund another 800. Keyboard, POKEY chip, power board, etc..  all worth $$