IGNORED

Supernotes

GDMike

6 minutes ago, apersson850 said:

That Supercart, is that an ordinary Editor/Assembler module that also has 8 K RAM at cartridge space?

Yes sir.  And I've got the 32K SRAM version too, but waiting on switches and that's it.

Edited by GDMike

2 hours ago, apersson850 said:

That can be useful for an unexpanded console, for sure. I can accomplish the same thing by plugging in E/A and then run the instructions

LI R12,>400

SBO 3

But that's with my own console only, of course.

I love my supercart. And mine is only 8K. It's so nice to have that extra RAM. I like to put my development tools in SuperCart while working on a project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used 2500 bytes on this routine. I'll need to throw it into a loop for all 15 iterations (fields), add some exits out and error handling and we should be good.  Another night Tonight and hopefully get good progress accomplished.

I did forget to mention that 1900 bytes of that is a help menu.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

Can't produce a video from work here, but I'll put one up soon.

I've got 4K available and I have all 15 fields loading and pushing data. That's the good news.

The bad news is running out of time this Evening, but when the interpreter refreshed the screen after a second Field read, I'm getting erroneous blanks inserted where they should not be., If the Field is NOT on the same row as field 1 then I get a mess.

But otherwise the rewrite does appear to handle my test of 6 Fields with the erroneous blanks getting drawn.

I know where to start looking for my problem here, as it's in the refreshing of the screen after reading the form. Maybe I'm not clearing something... anyway, it's definitely progress. I really wish I knew how to look at addresses >7D00 and up to see what values are getting pushed..I'm not that good at using CL99 debugger yet, I somewhat can use it but not like I need to be. 

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

SNP 3.0 is moving along. I'm just not having all the time I'd like.

I do get some progress made on weekends, which keeps my sanity. Things are getting back to normal though after our car repair fiasco.

We ended up finding that the new power steering pump we purchased was faulty. So agrivating when you think you have a good part and then troubleshooting something that requires lifting the engine out of it's mounts just to get at. But, thank God after almost 4 weeks that Camry is back on the road again.

We actually required that vehicle to operate for my son, as he contributes to our household grocery income. It's always something to overcome. .

I need to make a parsec game where the car parts are enemy asteroids and the ship is just a wrench.

That Toyota is Almost as bad as a Dodge caravan.. but, yeah. I'm really ready to jump back on SNP,

Edited by GDMike

On 5/11/2022 at 9:24 AM, GDMike said:

What is going on here..

Not everything is easy

Finding out whether a question is too difficult to ever solve efficiently depends on figuring out just how hard it is. Researchers have now shown how to do that for a major class of problems.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/computer-scientists-prove-certain-problems-are-truly-hard-20220511/

Edited by GDMike
  • Haha 1

The printer came in today that I found on eBay in April. Been in "shipped status"for over a month!

Original packaging, no scratches on the dust cover and looks wonderful. 

A little story about this model. I had this exact model in 1982 after making payments on it every 2 weeks or so and I think I paid around a $1000 Bucks from a sharper image store.

It was my first printer and I don't think I bought another until 2000. Or about.

I had looked before on eBay but always came up empty until recently where the seller had this in an auction and still had 3 days to go. The bid was $28 and there's $20 Shipping fee. I placed my bid for$30 and the deal closed. I was like, Really glad.  And because I already have a rs232 card and cable it was a slam dunk connecting..

I really wanted this printer for my TI.

Here I'm printing on UPS labels from 1991.

IMG_20220513_095836162.jpg

IMG_20220513_095852461_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Was able to go back and reread some of the coding in SNP (DB) section and saved 800 bytes from my old "CI" if then else coding.

I instead did a auto add of 36 bytes for each field change, ( field#), and just did a MOV R1(data byte) @ DBF0(which is my equate to a memory address), + field#  + 1, 2,3 or my 4th position in that address which I drop the byte "Field type" character, "C","D","V" or "T" directly into the memory addresses for that field#. 

this saved  considerable amount of code.

I had kept looking at this and thought, there's gotta be a way to reduce this routine..

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

End of the night for me. But I was able to configure my DB form. Tested with 1 field and everything worked out. Tomorrow I'll be able to set my R0 screen position to point to just past Field 1 and send it back through the routine to configure field 2 and so on. 

Once I get at least 2 fields loaded I'll be able to compare the data to each other and hopefully they won't match but instead will have correct data for the field they represent. ?

I didn't have time to go back and see how much space I ended up using and saving, I'll check tomorrow on that.

Once the field structure is satisfied which should be and hopefully that is tomorrow then I can work on setting up  FORM SAVE. Yay

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

Here I set up 1 field (test) for date of birth input.

Using the symbols that define the field.

Starting SNP pressing F10, DB help if needed.

Placing where I want the field name to reside..

And once the field is defined I press Function F to set it up into memory. No need to define the length for date and time fields as it's already known by the interpreter.

IMG_20220515_185406713_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220515_185420528_MP.jpg

IMG_20220515_185425651_MP.jpg

IMG_20220515_185434569.jpg

IMG_20220515_185528549.jpg

IMG_20220515_185537751.jpg

IMG_20220515_185543438.jpg

• Like 1

Ok. So let's setup a larger form using 1 "#" symbol to see if we can confuse the interpreter.

As you can see, everything was fine and I need to straighten my "is the form finished? line but otherwise took everything. Asked if form was finished I replied no and was brought back to original edit of form mode.

I did remember to change total fields to 17 from 15.

IMG_20220515_193206231_MP.jpg

IMG_20220515_193225387.jpg

IMG_20220515_193235468.jpg

The SNP database portion is really coming along. 

I've setup a limit of 30 blanks for any field as a max number for input. This is nice when you hold CTRL B, (the key combo that makes an inverted blank line), if I hold it down and not Caring About my Length except for the fact that I'd like the max number, then SNP will automatically make that line 30 characters.

Of course you can make it 1- 30.

The program will give you an error if only 1 field is defined and it can't find anymore fields during it's scan With (function F, find and process form command).

So far, im finished with the CREATE Form section.

And I'm at the point "are you finished with the form" message.

Next will be a forced SAVE of the form.

Then after the form is saved then page 1 of SNP is loaded up, this is the usual process, as if you need to you could always use the GOTO(??) Line command. 

NEXT... 

I'll need to add a couple flags that SNP looks at when a new page is loaded prior to display, right now that is happening with the color detector flag, as at page load the color combinations are loaded up, but I need to add a flag so we can determine if the SNP  page loaded is a text page or a SNP database form etc .

The form editing routine turned out pretty good.

Of course I'll need further testing for things a user might possibly do that would create an illegal operation and I'll have to make sure those are handled. I've also made sure that 17 fields are possible up from the 15 I had originally.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1