IGNORED

A good GBA game for a long trip

I`m going on a 14 hour road trip, and i`m looking for a good game to pass the time. I was thinking about Sonic Advance 1 and 2. Which one is better, how long are they, is it fun?? And how about Zelda GBA?? Any recs are welcome. I do already have Advance Wars, Chu Chu Rocket, Metroid Fusion, Mega Man Zero, Golden Sun, and Breath of Fire 2, so anything other than those is great

Golden Sun took me about 27 hours to finish, and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon took about 18 hours in case that helps at all. Personally, I think Golden Sun is VERY overrated. The Castlevania games are great though.

--Zero

It's soooo hard to decide... I have Advance Wars 1 and love it, but my brother always whoops me in it, so i gotta practice for it to be fun on multiplayer. Sonic is still one of my favorite series of all time. Breath of Fire 2 is awesome, i`m glad i got it. And, the Castlevania series, i wish i already had those.

I talked to my brother about going half on Advance Wars 2, so i may do that and then get a used copy of Sonic Advance or Castlevania CotM. I would really like to get Megaman & Bass, cause i have the import SFC version and it`s one of my favorite MM games ever.

Too many good games around

Just got Sonic Advance 2, only one they had at Wal-mart. I`m pretty happy with it though. But this past few days reminded me of how many GBA games i should have been buying all along

I don't know... I can't much fault with any of the games you've gotten so far. I don't know about Chu Chu Rocket, but I don't see any duds in the list you posted at the beginning.

I know I've picked up a few cruddy GBA games since buying it last December (shudders to think of Iridion 3D).

Duke Nukem Advance is easily the most absorbing GBA game I've spent time on, even more so than Super Mario World (because I know that game like the back of my hand, yo). Best FPS on the GBA, I say (Doom is great, but too dark).

I'd say get that, or Contra Advance. I would recommend SMW, but SMB3 is coming out, which IMO is the better Mario.

And yes, they are making a Double Dragon for the GBA. I'm off to email Nintendo about it now :D .

It may not keep one's interest on a long trip, but I've found that Iridion II is an excellent shooter, quickly becoming one of my favorite games on the system. Great graphics and music, fast-paced gameplay with lots of enemy types, and a traditional overhead perspective (rather than that faux-Starfox perspective the first game used) make it a great deal for the price ($15-$20 new).

It may not keep one's interest on a long trip, but I've found that Iridion II is an excellent shooter, quickly becoming one of my favorite games on the system.  Great graphics and music, fast-paced gameplay with lots of enemy types, and a traditional overhead perspective (rather than that faux-Starfox perspective the first game used) make it a great deal for the price ($15-$20 new).

I also have to agree, Iridion II is a great game, and probably one of the best releases of the year so far on any system. I don't think it's ideal as a travel game, mainly because of the password system (presumably to keep costs down, since they went with lower initial pricing), but I guess if you have a pen and paper handy it's not a problem. Other than that, it's a one of the most fun and technically impressive games for the system. I strongly recommend it!

By the way, have you (or anyone else here) tried playing it for ranking? There's a high score board at the official Iridion II Web site, where you can enter codes from the game and see how you compare with other players. I'm up there as Agent X, of course. :)

It's soooo hard to decide... I have Advance Wars 1 and love it, but my brother always whoops me in it, so i gotta practice for it to be fun on multiplayer.

I'm not sure how much of this is sour grapes because my friend (who was a total newbie at AW2, but good at wargames in general) can usually beat me, but it seems like those games go on FOREVER. You spend so much time just waiting for the other guy to finish moving, and I would guess that two almost evenly matched players could go at it for a long while before one finally captures the HQ or otherwise gains the overwhelming advantage.