IGNORED

Yogi's megaimages - Revisited 2k20

I always liked Yogi's megaimages, but some file aren't working at all, some not on 800 or on XL/XE, the file naming was a mess and so on. It was time to revisit and renew this collection, and this is what I've done.

You'll find a changelog inside the archive which describes the exchanged files and it's source. A handful files still aren't fully tested and marked as "broken?".

I left the numbering and content of the disks as like the original ones but renamed every file to it's full name, where possible.

The archive contains no ATRs but a subdirectory for every disk, so everyone can organize it the way they want (Hi-Speed or not etc.pp.). I did this for myself and my Incognitos with Hias' great dir2atr tool (see references), which gaves me a 1MB MyDOS ATR per directory, with long filenames and no Hi-Speed.

Example (Linux):

dir2atr -m -p -b MyPicoDos406N /PATH/TO/ATARI/DISKNAME.atr 001/

Feel free to reorganize, comment and report. Keep healthy and: Have you played your Atari today?!

References:

MyPicoDos

Atari Tools for Win32

AtariSIO driver and utilities for Linux

Yogi's megaimages-v01.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for this!

I've chosen a different path, where I wrote a shell script (Linux) to generate similar disk images straight from the fandal archive (or others if required). The script can be found on github: https://github.com/senorrossie/sh-a8-16mbgamedisk

I must say that I have since been spoiled by the SIDE2 loader, where I just copy all executable files to a CF card and browse through them using the loader.

• Like 1