IGNORED

Interest Check: Compaq Deskpro Pentium III 700MHz SFF computer ***SOLD!!***

eightbit

I have one of those really small form factor late 90's Compaq Deskpro computers and as I am slimming down my stuff a little I was considering selling it off. It is a meaty (heavy) little thing. Even though it is roughly the size of an old school VCR, this thing has got to weigh in at around 50 pounds. The outside of it has some scratches here and there but nothing to write home about. The inside is IMMACULATE....it is literally like brand new. The clock battery (it takes a coin cell but not your standard 2032...its a 2630 or something like that) was replaced by me around 6 months ago so it keeps good time. The design is nearly screw free. The case slides off with two button pushes and each piece slides out of the machine in one way or another. Really awesome design.

The Pentium III 700 is a slot 1 and sits in the board in a very interesting way. It's running Windows 98SE, has a 10GB hard drive, floppy and CD rom drives (which both work), ATI Rage 3D video onboard IIRC, and an ESS Audiodrive onboard audio. It can be expanded with either one ISA and one PCI card, or two PCI cards. I cannot recall how much RAM this has off hand...I will have to check...but I think it was 256MB.

Is anyone interested in something like this? I was thinking $200 shipped anywhere in the USA. Half of that will probably be the shipping cost considering how heavy this thing is, but that is OK. As long as I can walk away with $100 for it I am satisfied. I would also take $100 for it if someone wanted to come by locally and pick it up (social distancing, masks, gloves, etc will be adhered to!). I am in NNJ.

***SOLD!!***

Edited by eightbit

I used to work for Compaq and I’m pretty sure I have one or two of those laying around.  Some of them actually had rambus memory.  I’m trying to remember the internal code/nickname of those things and it’s escaping me.  I’ll dig in my old docs if I think about it.  My drivers that I saved from back then are still in folders by code name.

And I agree, those things are heavy as hell!

Edited by Mitkraft

What I do like about it is that it is tiny enough to sit alongside game consoles....a little vintage PC game console. It's really nice, but I have a few machines and this one is in the closet now unhooked. I have no need for it at this point and could use the funds to build on my other collections ;)

I'll have to get some pictures up. If shipping is not too bad (if you are on the east coast it should be much cheaper) you will obviously get a better deal. I am looking for $100 for it plus actual shipping. Expect however the shipping to be very expensive if you are in CA or WA. That is where I can guess shipping would be $100 round about.