IGNORED

Any good sites for jag reproduction carts?

Tommywilley84

5 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Quick reply to your antz comment. The reason that wasn't mentioned as a reskin is probably because it wasn't you who wrote it.

You reskinned and finished the work by atari2600land ISTR.

Yes he started writing the code for the game and I finished writing the code for the game. But to those who wouldn't be in the know about ANTS this comment could also be taken as a cheap attempt at slander.

Um, no. It couldn't be a simple reskin as you were not developing it off your own code.

You held it up as an example that had deliberately been left out because it didn't fit the narrative. I just explained that the development process was different for that game as it didn't start off as one of yours.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

I've been turned on to some 2600 carts simply because of the artwork on the packaging.

I've been going on a "spiritual journey" lately, if you will... I'm Catholic, but I'm not talking religious... but of the more capitalist sense. I've come to realize how much of a dumb-ass I am sometimes in that I purchase stuff simply because I can. I'm the guy that clicks the ad links on the side that say... "Swimsuits for women with large busts." I'll sit there on the page, for like 5 minutes... struggling with my inner-demons to decide whether or not to click that ad, but inevitably, I acquiesce to the large mammary glands. Of course, as punishment, all the Google ads that pop up for the next couple of days are all Layne Bryant.

But yeah, I've bought at least a couple of 2600 games just because the name is cool, or the graphics on the cart are awesome. One of them was INV+ that I bought a few years ago. And I bought something to do with Evil Dead on the Atari also.

16 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

My nose is clean.

18 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

You people need to grow the fuck up and stop acting like a bunch of little bitches taking every opportunity you can to take a cheap shot at someone.

All jokes aside, I've bought a few of your games, and I like them. I do wish they were more polished, but I like them none the less. I mean this respectfully, but what you lack is perspective. You should never give up on your goals, and never stop fighting for what you want, but you have to learn to take criticism. Furthermore, you cannot look at every discussion or argument as a win/lose perspective.

I'm my present career, I'm the champion of Outlook, my desk phone, and video conferencing. But back when what I did actually mattered, I was a computer programmer. I programmed for almost 20 years before I became Leader of the Joint Chiefs of Meetings and Outlook Outreach (that's not a real title, so we're clear). As a programmer, I learned early on the value of code review. It was a humbling experience. I can recall early in my career being criticized for not using string encapsulation, stored procedures in query calls to the database, field masking, url-string encoding, proper addressing, and all other faux-pas that are now the defacto-standard in cyber security.

When people give you criticism and critique your product, you can either flip out and tantrum, or you can take the high-road and learn from it. You can decide to make your product better as a result, or double-down on bad and face the consequences. When you fix or improve something that someone points out, you are not relenting to your enemies/critics or losing a battle, but you are instead learning to improve your product.

What you've accomplished in the Jaguar community is no small feat. You've acquired the necessary tools to burn PROMs, and you've learned to put together working games for the Jaguar. In most cases though, you get 97% there, and then lose patience. Here's the thing, life is all about multiple-chances. I can click that Lane Bryant advertisement on the side, and now my cookies, internet history / cache, and other computer artifacts will be peppered. I can come clean to my wife and be like... "Yes, I like big boobs" ... or, I can be all shady and let it get weird, and then she'll think I'm buying fat clothes for her (she's not), and she'll get self conscious, and then I'll get the... "nothing's wrong," for a day or two until I can work it out of her.

So this is your chance to turn things around. Every day is another chance to do things the right way.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

So this is your chance to turn things around. Every day is another chance to do things the right way.

Have you received your copy of Saucer Wars yet? I know you've been waiting but never heard back if you got it yet. I think once you actually play that game you will see just how much I have listened to criticism and I have improved. This whole thing wasn't about fair criticism. I came into this thread to read about the topic of discussion only to discover people in here making fun of me and my games. It was also clear to me that some of those individuals were just repeating things they heard others say. Then others dropped in spreading more false information. I'm not going to stand by while people sit around making jokes and dumb comments at my expense and remain quiet. There is a time and place for every discussion and this was not the place for this. Not cool. The actions of said individuals here in this thread is my issue as nobody came here to discuss Jeff and WAVE 1 GAMES. It's off topic, it's slander and it's BS. I'm now going to ignore this topic as it is hazardous to my health!

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

Ok, I guess I'm going to wade into this swamp.

I've never played a Wave 1 game.  I'm also a programmer and, well, code review is fantastic.  Feedback, especially brutal feedback, is the only way to I improve.  Even brutal feedback full of snark can be valuable.  However, the feedback here was not of the productive sort.  I've been reading the backlog here a bit, and there appears to be some history between Wave1 and some other members that I'm not fully clued in on, so I'm not going to jump in and take sides on that.  I'll just say as a newcomer, and with full respect for my elders, especially those who provide the tools and docs I'm learning with right now, this tone isn't exactly inspiring me to learn more about the Jaguar, produce anything for the community myself, nor buy *anyone's* homebrew games.  None of you owe me anything and you can ignore me if you like.  Just relating my impression as an outsider/neutral 3rd party.

That said, this is the internet, and a corner of it at that.  There's even something of a scene going on here.  Such situations always require those partipating in them to have pretty thick skin.  I'm not entirely opposed to that, since there's evidence here to show it keeps the rif-raf out.  If I get around to building any games, I'll sure as shit don my flameproof jacket before sharing them, especially if I decide to charge for them.

For now though,  I'm here to nerd out, have fun, and learn about a cool piece of hardware with people like OP who enjoy doing the same.  I'll carry on with that regardless and won't let these flare-ups burn me out.

Edited by cubanismo
fixed typos only
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Have you received your copy of Saucer Wars yet? I know you've been waiting but never heard back if you got it yet. I think once you actually play that game you will see just how much I have listened to criticism and I have improved. This whole thing wasn't about fair criticism. I came into this thread to read about the topic of discussion only to discover people in here making fun of me and my games. It was also clear to me that some of those individuals were just repeating things they heard others say. Then others dropped in spreading more false information. I'm not going to stand by while people sit around making jokes and dumb comments at my expense and remain quiet. There is a time and place for every discussion and this was not the place for this. Not cool. The actions of said individuals here in this thread is my issue as nobody came here to discuss Jeff and WAVE 1 GAMES. It's off topic, it's slander and it's BS. I'm now going to ignore this topic as it is hazardous to my health!

82-T/A just put it to you as nicely as possible, yet your response is hardly acknowledging what he said. Jeff, you need to take the criticism to heart and use it to improve instead of throwing a temper tantrum like a 3 year old every time someone says something negative. Many of the people who have criticized your games have worked in the gaming or IT industry professionally, myself included. And I can tell you that had I tested games that were released half-baked like yours, I would've insisted on my name not being on the credits. It's a shame, really. You show a LOT of potential, but you're unwilling to go the last 10% of the way to ensure your customers are getting a quality game. You should listen to those who have much more experience rather than pretending that everyone except for you and the handful of people who would buy poop in a Jaguar game box are wrong. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

If I get around to building any games, I'll sure as shit don my flameproof jacket before sharing them, especially if I decide to charge for them.

You'll have nothing to worry about as long as you're not just reskinning sample games for RB+ and selling them for $80 each.

11 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Fast Food 64 was released first. So how could it be an asset swap of the subgame from Frogz?

So you asset swapped a mini game into a full price game.  Nice semantical switcharoonie there.

Saucer Wars was made from scratch, and I believe you know that

But isn't it just more than odd that it has the exact same depth cue, collision and clipping errors as Jagzombies and FF3D....

What happened to ANTS? You forgot to shit all over ANTS to make yourself feel good for the day. You're slipping man.

Not at all, you didn't write that, someone else did, and they even went so far as to publically say "Don't blame me for what Wave 1 Games did to it"... take from that what you want.

Bottom line is this, I have talked shit about you and to you before because you're an ass just like the above quoted text displays, and in a lot of those imstances I was in the wrong, (I apologize Lawrence)

Apology not accepted Jeffrey. Tell me, what exactly went through your tiny little mind when your Kieren interview slagged off the very development tools you attempt to use?  You stood by for weeks during kizzagate without comment until you were forced to because you'd rather control JS3 than 'lose the audience' - and, after that post, I see you are back there with Mr Hawken, posting away happily again. Your morals are bass ackwards.

I had several people help me with my last release and I listened to ALL of them.

Again, this is a lie.  I've posted proof of you ignoring it.  Even so much as almost admitting to selling a broken game you knew was broken because you had a mortgage payment due.

Anyway, good day, sir.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You'll have nothing to worry about as long as you're not just reskinning sample games for RB+ and selling them for $80 each.

this is another false accusation. Only game that was ever sold for $80 was Saucer Wars. It is not a reskinned RB+ tutorial. You are lying. This is what I took issue with right here. Straight up LIES and misinformation which you are continuing to spread. This is what happens, you keep parroting the same LIES over and over hoping it will just stick and become fact. That is called slander. Then when I call you out on it, suddenly I can't take the constructive criticism being provided. No sir, you don't get to do that because again as I stated before my issue was never criticism from people far more experienced offering "help" my issue was with the thread turning into a shit on Jeff and WAVE 1 GAMES affair, which it did. This thread is not about my games or the quality of the end product and you know it. STOP SPREADING LIES AND MISINFORMATION HOPING IT WILL STICK.

Just now, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

this is another false accusation. Only game that was ever sold for $80 was Saucer Wars. It is not a reskinned RB+ tutorial. You are lying. This is what I took issue with right here. Straight up LIES and misinformation which you are continuing to spread. This is what happens, you keep parroting the same LIES over and over hoping it will just stick and become fact. That is called slander. Then when I call you out on it, suddenly I can't take the constructive criticism being provided. No sir, you don't get to do that because again as I stated before my issue was never criticism from people far more experienced offering "help" my issue was with the thread turning into a shit on Jeff and WAVE 1 GAMES affair, which it did. This thread is not about my games or the quality of the end product and you know it. STOP SPREADING LIES AND MISINFORMATION HOPING IT WILL STICK.

It's also an amazing co-incidence that you announced a shoot em up that looked exactly like the rB+ ShootBang example... and then went silent on it after I posted a video of said example.

Again, I'll let the reader decide for themselves.

3 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Apology not accepted Jeffrey. Tell me, what exactly went through your tiny little mind when your Kieren interview slagged off the very development tools you attempt to use?  You stood by for weeks during kizzagate without comment until you were forced to because you'd rather control JS3 than 'lose the audience' - and, after that post, I see you are back there with Mr Hawken, posting away happily again. Your morals are bass ackwards.

Are you smoking crack??????? I am not a member of JS3 and I haven't posted shit there. Nor have I posted anything with Kieren Hawken. KEEP SPREADING LIES

18 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

It's also an amazing co-incidence that you announced a shoot em up that looked exactly like the rB+ ShootBang example... and then went silent on it after I posted a video of said example.

Again, I'll let the reader decide for themselves.

Oh yeah I am still releasing a shooter called Neon Invaders and I'll send you the .bas file to the game when it's done so you can see for yourself not a single line of code from your tutorial is used there. What I have made here runs circles around that shootbang shit example you FALSELY ACCUSED  me of using. In fact when it's released I will go the extra mile and post the source code PUBLICLY so people who are interested can compare and contrast and see I am not just "re-skinning" your examples.

In Fast Food there is a crosshair and things scale towards the screen.... in Saucer Wars there is also a crosshair and things scale towards the screen. OH THEY MUST BE THE SAME GAME WITH DIFFERENT ASSETS!

That's like saying Sonic the hedgehog is a re-skin of super mario bros because they are both side scrollers. Yes I am familiar with the very primitive Shootbang example, and I have studied how it works. (including it's flaws) But I haven't copied and pasted a single line of code from that for my game, but hey that doesn't have to stop you from lying about it now does it?

You are not letting the reader decide for themselves, you are throwing accusations at the wall over and over hoping they will stick and having others parrot what you are saying until it becomes accepted as fact, just as your buddy Sauron just tried there attempting to say that Saucer Wars is an RB+ tutorial that was re-skinned and sold for $80. Get out of here with all of that noise.

THIS IS CALLED SLANDER

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

7 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

There are no lies or misinformation being spread here, not by me or the others criticizing your games, at least. You release several games with a similar interface and gameplay style and expect people to NOT think they're just reskins? And all with the EXACT SAME BUGS to boot? No, stop trying to turn this around on everyone else, you're only making yourself look worse by doing that. 

Honestly, Jeff, if you want the criticism to stop, you know what to do: release a game that shows a clear improvement of your coding skills in RB+, that is clearly NOT a reskin of any of your past efforts, and WITHOUT the same bugs and horrible hit detection. Solicit help with the game, instead of making it a one-man show, so you have someone else who can put their name on the game. Ask for help with issues that you run into in RB+ instead of blaming your bugs on it. If you do that, I'm sure you'll see the same criticisms that have been going around disappear. If you don't, though, then you honestly can only expect more of the same.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

There are no lies or misinformation being spread here, not by me or the others criticizing your games, at least. You release several games with a similar interface and gameplay style and expect people to NOT think they're just reskins? And all with the EXACT SAME BUGS to boot? No, stop trying to turn this around on everyone else, you're only making yourself look worse by doing that. 

Honestly, Jeff, if you want the criticism to stop, you know what to do: release a game that shows a clear improvement of your coding skills in RB+, that is clearly NOT a reskin of any of your past efforts, and WITHOUT the same bugs and horrible hit detection. Solicit help with the game, instead of making it a one-man show, so you have someone else who can put their name on the game. Ask for help with issues that you run into in RB+ instead of blaming your bugs on it. If you do that, I'm sure you'll see the same criticisms that have been going around disappear. If you don't, though, then you honestly can only expect more of the same.

Yes you did LIE. You just said I re-skinned an RB+ tutorial and charged $80 for it.  WHICH TUTORIAL WOULD THAT BE????  because I don't seem to have the crosshair/shooting game tutorial in my package. And you are the one trying to turn it around. This is not a thread about criticizing my games and experts chiming in with advice and suggestions. This is a thread about Reproduction Jag Game Sites that turned into "lets make fun of Jeff and his games"

Now I called people out for it and you are trying to justify it and turn it into something else.

Sauron.PNG

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

1 minute ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Yes you did LIE. You just said I re-skinned an RB+ tutorial and charged $80 for it.  WHICH TUTORIAL WOULD THAT BE????  because I don't seem to have the crosshair/shooting game tutorial in my package. And you are the one trying to turn it around. This is not a thread about criticizing my games and experts chiming in with advice and suggestions. This is a thread about Reproduction Jag Game Sites that turned into "lets make fun of Jeff and his games"

Now I called people out for it and you are trying to justify it and turn it into something else.

How much was JagZombies when it was released? How about Frogz or Fast Food 64? Honestly I don't remember, but you charged money for all of them. You're getting hung up on the exact price, which is completely missing the point. But go ahead and keep throwing your temper tantrum, which is exactly what you do anytime anyone criticizes your games. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sauron said:

How much was JagZombies when it was released? How about Frogz or Fast Food 64? Honestly I don't remember, but you charged money for all of them. You're getting hung up on the exact price, which is completely missing the point. But go ahead and keep throwing your temper tantrum, which is exactly what you do anytime anyone criticizes your games. 

$60

JagZombies is also not an RB+ tutorial reskinned. I am not throwing a temper tantrum as you call it, I'm fact checking you because with all of the accusations y'all are throwing around you NEED to be fact checked.

I'm not hung up on the price I'm hung up on the entire accusation. The point you are trying to drive home is don't re-skin RB+ examples and sell them, which I did not do.

There was no criticizing going on here, there was straight up shit talking for no real reason. All because somebody said they bought some of my games? What is that? And you actually have the audacity to come in here and spin things around with your friends and turn this whole issue into "no Jeff, this is about the mistakes you have made and this and that and the other"

No man. Just NO

It's clear cut and dry what happened here. People were in here talking shit for no reason and I called them out for being dipshits and now here you are with your little friends trying to pour gas on the fire because you already see I'm pissed off.

And furthermore I think I have been pretty respectful to you in private messages as of late. So why you are going out of your way to point the finger at me when I am standing my ground for this is kind of confusing to me.

6 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

$60

JagZombies is also not an RB+ tutorial reskinned. I am not throwing a temper tantrum as you call it, I'm fact checking you because with all of the accusations y'all are throwing around you NEED to be fact checked.

I'm not hung up on the price I'm hung up on the entire accusation. The point you are trying to drive home is don't re-skin RB+ examples and sell them, which I did not do.

There was no criticizing going on here, there was straight up shit talking for no real reason. All because somebody said they bought some of my games? What is that? And you actually have the audacity to come in here and spin things around with your friends and turn this whole issue into "no Jeff, this is about the mistakes you have made and this and that and the other"

Yes, the shit talking was perhaps a bit too much. But at the same time, people were expressing their opinions of your games. That's what happens when you put yourself out there. Just ask CJ, he's had plenty of criticism of his from various sources, much of which was unfair, especially for games that were released for free. Yet you don't see him throwing temper tantrums over it.

9 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

It's clear cut and dry what happened here. People were in here talking shit for no reason and I called them out for being dipshits and now here you are with your little friends trying to pour gas on the fire because you already see I'm pissed off.

No, what I've been saying is that many of their criticisms were justified. Stop thinking the world is out to get you.

11 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

And furthermore I think I have been pretty respectful to you in private messages as of late. So why you are going out of your way to point the finger at me when I am standing my ground for this is kind of confusing to me.

Sure you have, and what I've been saying here is the same as I've told you in private messages as well, so it shouldn't come as any surprise to you. I can be critical of you without having malicious intent, you know. Hell, if we ever meet I'll definitely buy you a beer. But I'm not going to sugarcoat my opinions either.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 3:12 AM, KevinMos3 said:

I wasn't even tracking you selling K-A Aircars until stumbling across this thread.  I never bought the ICD version and didn't get to buy it from BetaPhase, so I'm glad I got to order it just now. 

Me as well. I had no idea KA Aircars was being sold by you Jeff. I ordered one as well and am really looking forward to it. So maybe something good has come of this thread afterall ;) I for one have no problem with your stuff. Always good to have more content on this system.

• Like 1