IGNORED

The 1090XL (I used to own)-PICS

Hey folks, ColleenLover here, was going through stuff on this ‘Covid work from home day’ and ran across this memory I thought I would share.

Sorry for the low quality, the pictures I have are---ACTUAL PICTURES—I had to scan them.

In the early 2000s I won the lifetime Atari collection of an older gentleman (pickup only) off of eBay.

So much stuff!; I couldn’t store it all, I ended up single-handedly ‘restocking” Video 61s floppy drive inventory. In trade, I accepted a “COMPLETE” -with cover 1090XL.

I ended up trading this unit to Christopher Strong for a 1400XL….

Which shortly later (in 2003 I think); I was then was forced to sell to a German Collector for $600 (not bad for 2003) because I badly needed a new video camera for my family.

Oh well, easy come easy go as they say…

1090FRONT.jpg

1090BACK.jpg

1090SIDE.jpg

1090INSIDE.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

There’s so much sadness in this one post!

Got a 1090 but traded it off. Got a 1400XL, but had to sell it.

I think I’ll be depressed for the rest of the day!

I’m curious about the 1400XL. Was it a complete, cased unit, or just a motherboard? I’ve heard of a few 1400XL and 1450XLD motherboards floating  around out there in the wild, but I’ve never heard of any cased units making it out into the public.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, bfollowell said:

I’ve heard of a few 1400XL and 1450XLD motherboards floating  around out there in the wild, but I’ve never heard of any cased units making it out into the public.

A complete, cased and badged 1400XL showed up on one of the Atari Facebook groups about 3 years ago maybe. I think it had been the guy’s father’s or something. If I’m remembering it right, the father had gotten it super cheap from the Company Store in 1984 after the Tramiels took over or something like that. It sat forgotten for decades until the son got it and started researching. It sold on eBay a month or so later for like $3,400. It was a thing a beauty from the pics - basically never used. 

There’s another guy on the FB group who also has a complete 1450XLD, albeit with a single drive. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

A complete, cased and badged 1400XL showed up on one of the Atari Facebook groups about 3 years ago maybe. I think it had been the guy’s father’s or something. If I’m remembering it right, the father had gotten it super cheap from the Company Store in 1984 after the Tramiels took over or something like that. It sat forgotten for decades until the son got it and started researching. It sold on eBay a month or so later for like $3,400. It was a thing a beauty from the pics - basically never used. 

There’s another guy on the FB group who also has a complete 1450XLD, albeit with a single drive. 

Yeah, that would be a hard one. If you somehow stumbled across a find like that, it would be really hard to let it go. At the same time, that’s a lot of green!

The 1400XL was complete, with an ACTUAL 1400XL case, (not a repurposed 1200XL).

It was marked on the bottom 25/50 (I think it was 50) and Mr. Strong told me it was the property of "Atari's Sound Engineer".....?

Oh, and I remember it had a good separate color croma/luma output.

• Like 2