IGNORED

PlayStation 1/2: lighteningcontroller horde.

Before submitted this as multiple categories one for each system over 6 months ago.  But people told me next time if it isn't like one or two months old too make a new thread instead of resurrect the old and because the separate threads were told to be combined anyway now be a good time to mention it.

I have a big collection of video games. My life for basically organically collecting them and noticed selling them for money.

I got a couple decisions to make about clutter.

If I find controllers for cheap at a thrift store (good luck doing that now thanks to Macklemore's song), I usually pick them up.  I tried to pick up a complete set to play any possible game on it.

The three questions concern PlayStation Genesis and Saturn.

I heard that every game on the PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 1 can be played in theory with a PlayStation DualShock 2.  no I heard some people prefer to downgrade to a DualShock 1 or even a digital-only OG controller.

First of all, if you're introducing it to people for the first time and get together for a LAN party, would the difference between a DualShock 2,  a DualShock 1 , and a standard controller be THAT important to random strangers playing it for a few hours?

second if there are games which are SIGNIFICANTLY better with a standard controller or DualShock 1,. May I know which games those are, (or, if too many to list  the general categories those games fall in,) and the maximum number of DualShock ones and standard controllers I would need to accommodate the maximum players of such games.

Second such question concerns the Genesis.  I currently have five 6 button pad and three 3 button ones.  I have enough where we can play an 8 player game that would work with either type. The question is is there a game that requires more than five 6 button pads.  I know of one game wheel of Fortune Sega CD which requires three standard pads to play a 3 player game and that's the maximum.  Anything that requires a three-button that's beyond 3 players?

Same question for Saturn.  I've heard Golden Axe The Duel is the only game that requires standard controllers, but you only need 2.  I've heard certain games are better with the analog controller.  All the games that I've seen that use it only use at most

two analog controllers.  Any game in any regional world that uses more than two?  any of them worth playing and considered playable to an English speaking audience?

And then we got the crazy stick about light gun standards and multi-tap standards.

for multi Taps use a PS1 for PS1 games regardless of the physical console and PS2 multi-tap for PS2 games.  Plus I heard there's two different sizes a PS2 multi-taps.  one for old machines, one for new PS2s.  And for Genesis if you have two team players that could play any 8 player game, and any four player EA 4-way play game by entering the alternate mode.

Finally I assumed for light guns just need two of each flavor.  For the PlayStation 2, that means Two justifiers, two Guncon 1s, and two Guncon 2s.  Genesis is a little more difficult because there are three flavors.  I have one Menacer.  Is one all you need or are there dual Menacer games?  For just a fire you need a blue player one justifier that system specific and a pink Universal phone Port second player justifier.  Finally I got one American Laser Games Game Gun.  Is one all I need there.

Also someone has a link to games that need the original hardware, and fail the run on the upstep hardware... Like unplayable 2600 games on a 7800, unplayable Master System games out of power base converter, and an unplayable PlayStation 1 games out of PlayStation 2.

I know there's lots of holes in the Xbox collection partly due to incompatible technologies partly due to companies refusing to allow backward-compatible releases.  The only ones that got it right we're GameCube compatibility on Wii,( I think literally everything works except the Game Boy Advance player)  and the Wii games on the Wii U, except literally for Wii games that have to use the GameCube port for dance mats like Active Life and Dance Dance Revolution