RevEng

Bluetooth to 7800

I got my Seagull78 adapters today, and got these to work with my rarely-used retro NES-style Switch joycons. It works great, and I'm quite happy with the setup!

Just as a note, I had to update my receivers to the latest firmware version before they would pair with the controllers. I had issues getting the Mac firmware updaters to work, so I had to do the update from a Windows VM.

• Like 3

Just a heads up that there's a new USB/Bluettooth controller adapter being worked on. It's based on Raspberry Pi zero, and the software will be open source. There's a proof of concept running, and it already includes support for the 7800. (2600, 5200, etc.)

While it's early days yet, this will go beyond what the 8bitdo adapter is capable of. Dual sticks, no problem. Controller mashups, no problem. Emulation of rarer controllers, no problem.

If this is the sort of thing you're interested in, follow the link, vote in the poll, maybe make a comment.

• Like 3