IGNORED

Location of dip switch #7 on Mega STe

Thanks, I do have a DSHD drive, its an Epson SMD-340, that I have cleaned and setup according to the Atari install guide.  I do have the proper pal chip and TOS 2.05, so if the drive is any good I should be able to access the HD function I hope!

OK, these drives are a real clusterfuck as PP would say.  After flipping the switch, the 340 worked in HD, but only briefly before not working in HD.  Then, everything went to hell, could not get a single drive, HD or DD to work reliably, sometimes work, most times not.  The Gotek is ALWAYS working, not a problem there, but the f'ing drives, WTF!  Wondering if it because I have TOS 2.05 instead of 2.06 that is causing the damn issues, grrrr!

9 hours ago, atarian1 said:

I think it is if I remember correctly.

I am thinking maybe on TOS 2.05 as when I set everything back to before change to HD, no drives worked reliably, no DD drives that had been working OK would act reliably, and several disks that I ran through it during all these tests are now unreadable on my 4160 STe, those that had the write enable slider closed, WTF!  At this point, a total recap of the motherboard is in order before I try anything else, as noted, the Gotek runs fine in either machine although I do get some strange color changes in some programs.