IGNORED

Rare Jaguar Doom Error

ChaseHasAJaguar

While playing E2M2 on Jaguar Doom, my game froze and displayed a message which said:

_PlayerInSpecialSector: unknown

Apparently this is an extremely rare glitch that randomly occurs when a player treks on stairs. Here's a photo I took of it (sorry for the awful quality)

https://imgur.com/a/tP0YEpC

And here is a page describing what's going on:

https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Stairs_create_unknown_sector_types

Has anybody ever witnessed this? Apparently this has also happened in games such as Tower II and Strife. Seems to be an extremely rare glitch that is occurring. 

Has anyone ever run across this?

The bug only happens on stairs that raise using either Linedef action 7 or 8. Been around forever, even in the PC version. Although rare it seems to happen more for maps that I've ported to the Jaguar using Doom Builder II than whatever method Id used.

When I port a map with either action, I try to make two versions, usually w/ the offending stairs removed and replaced with a lift. Nothing like blazing through a set of levels only to have it all end suddenly bc of this.

Here's more info with links to other old threads about the same issue.

I thought that I had encountered a glitch in the third level from last, I believe (the one that outdoors with various structures to go inside of). There's a room with like 15 shotgunners and imps, and I went in and for some reason the door shut. Normally, I doesn't shut and you can't control it. So searched around every corner for a exit, and only found a hidden ammo pack. I figured the game had glitched. Turns out, on the opposite side of the room there is another secret door after all with a portal, that I missed. I freakin' reset the game because of that.