IGNORED

NAMCO NES Classics - Emulation Vol 1 and 2 XBOX One, PS4, Switch

negative1

Awesome collection of NES games:

The full list of featured titles are as follows:

Namco Museum Archives Vol. 1 includes Galaxian, Pac-Man, Xevious, Mappy, Dig Dug, The Tower of Druaga, Sky Kid, Dragon Buster, Dragon Spirit: The New Legend, Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti, and an 8-bit demaster of Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Namco Museum Archives Vol. 2 
will feature Galaga, Battle City, Pac-Land, Dig Dug II, Super Xevious, Mappy-Land, Legacy of the Wizard, Rolling Thunder, Dragon Buster II, Mendel Palace, and an 8-bit "consolized" edition of Gaplus.

Namco Museum Archives Vol. 1 & 2 will launch June 18 on PS4, PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switc

later

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting twist on the Namco Museum concept. I'll be picking these up sometime soon.

I wouldn't mind a volume 3 along the same lines. Namco has several interesting NES/Famicom games left, including some that Evercade has licensed and released like a translated version of Mappy Kids. And I think they could do similar with the 16-bit era if they were to continue. Quite a few good TurboGrafx-16 and Genesis games from Namco and there's some SNES games in their catalog as well (Although they weren't a big player on the SNES like they were on the NES, at least here in the west). 

And of course they were a huge name on the Playstation. I bet a PS1 themed Namco collection would be a strong seller. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Interesting twist on the Namco Museum concept. I'll be picking these up sometime soon.

I wouldn't mind a volume 3 along the same lines. Namco has several interesting NES/Famicom games left, including some that Evercade has licensed and released like a translated version of Mappy Kids. And I think they could do similar with the 16-bit era if they were to continue. Quite a few good TurboGrafx-16 and Genesis games from Namco and there's some SNES games in their catalog as well (Although they weren't a big player on the SNES like they were on the NES, at least here in the west). 

And of course they were a huge name on the Playstation. I bet a PS1 themed Namco collection would be a strong seller. 

I got the XBOX one version for both volumes. I have been keeping tabs on the Steam PC version, it turns out you can extract the ROMS,

and play the games on a NES emulator on any system that can run them.

This is interesting, because they have the 8-bit demastered versions of Pac Man CE, and Gaplus, which I really enjoy.

later

• Like 1

I was hoping that the roms for the newly translated games and especially Pac-Man C.E. and Gaplus would be extracted, so I'm glad to hear that. :)

I'll still be lending my support though. I appreciate M2's work and enjoy supporting classic gaming compilations in general.

• Like 1