IGNORED

worst third party controller

masschamber

Worst third party controller  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3rd party controller do you think is the worst?

• The faster blaster
    • Gemstick
    • slick stick
    • le stick
    • quickshot
    • other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:36 PM, masschamber said:

SO like the title says which 2600 3rd party controller do you think is the worst?  IF you have any more good (bad) ones, let me know I'll add them to the poll options.

Personally I have to go with the faster blaster, which does not enable you to blaster faster.

aaafaster.jpg

To be honest, that controller looks like it is meant for a specific game...Asteroids maybe?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pboland said:

To be honest, that controller looks like it is meant for a specific game...Asteroids maybe?

That's my guess as well. The "shield" and "thrust" labels seem to indicate it. As "specialty" controllers go, though, the Starplex still seems like a waaay better Asteroids controller, IMO.

I'm struggling to think of a game the Faster Blaster would be particularly useful for. Activision Decathlon? Track & Field? Space Invaders, Galaxian, and derivatives thereof? There again, I think the Starplex--or the Track & Field controller--are probably better options. I say "probably" because I've never used a Faster Blaster--maybe it's better than it looks?--but I am familiar with the excellent Starplex and Track & Field controllers. Home Run or Air-Sea Battle, maybe? I still can't see the Faster Blaster being better than the regular Atari joystick even with stuff like that. ?