IGNORED

NEXT Season info

1 hour ago, testa said:

Hello all Im a long time intell fan can anyone play?

Hi, yes ofcourse. We startup up HSC 17 a month from today on Sunday, July 24th. All you need is a screen shot of your final score and you are entered. Welcome.... ?

On 6/22/2022 at 6:57 AM, Rickster8 said:

The FINAL List (Not in any specific order of play) for Season 17 of the HSC - Season Theme - Fan Favorites.... ?

Rickster8 - Space Armada 

Rickster8 - Demon Attack

IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor

Fakecortex - Snafu

Wolfy62 - Beamrider

Gar0u - Q*Bert

ClassicGMR - Shark! Shark!

Crade - Space Spartans

Mr_Me - PGA Golf

jimblargh - Heman

CParsley - Pinball

Gavvv - BurgerTime 

Mr_Me / IntyFanMatt - Sub Hunt

IntyFanMatt - Stampede

Rickster8 - Microsurgeon

RogerPoco - Bomb Squad

Eleven of these are my all-time favorite game.  ;)

This is going to be a VERY fun season.  Really looking forward to it!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Fan Favorites Theme - HSC 17 opens a week from today. The first game up will be Stampede (Activision) - A combo choice of IntyFanMatt and me. This game is in both our top tens overall and it has not been played since HSC 13..... ??

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

In case you all didn't notice. This season I started loading NEW games up on Wednesday nights. This gives us a few days of more game play and more importantly it gives us like 4 solid days where we will have 3 games all going at once which is pretty cool I think.... :P 

Cheers! ?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys, because we have had some new players in the Inty HSC this season (Al, Jeff , Jack), I have given them each the option to pick a favorite game for this seasons theme of 'Fan Favorites'. Al chose Donkey Kong / Jeff chose Thin Ice and Jack chose Beauty and the Beast (scored by buildings / levels achieved). So some of the space fillers that were chosen will now be eliminated. Here is what 'should' be the final game list. Sorry for the changes, but I'm trying to incorporate everyone to have a choice. Demon Attack was a 2nd choice by me. Microsurgeon and Bomb Squad were space fillers. They will be played in later HSC's. Demon Attack actually fits into the theme I am working on for HSC 18. :) So here is the updated games list....

Rickster8 - Space Armada 

IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor (NOW PLAYING)

Fakecortex - Snafu (NOW PLAYING)

Wolfy62 - Beamrider

Gar0u - Q*Bert (PLAYED)

ClassicGMR - Shark! Shark!

Crade - Space Spartans

Mr_Me - PGA Golf

jimblargh - Heman

CParsley - Pinball (PLAYED)

Gavvv - BurgerTime (NOW PLAYING)

Mr_Me / IntyFanMatt - Sub Hunt

IntyFanMatt / Rickster8 - Stampede (PLAYED)

Al - Donkey Kong - NEW

Jeff - Thin Ice - NEW 

Jack - Beauty and the Beast (Buildings / Levels) - NEW

Cheers.... 🍺

@Northcoastgamer @wongojack @IntellivisionMaster

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I've been watching what the Atari 2600 HSC does and I'm going to follow suit with awards. Starting immediately the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will get to choose games for the next season. 

(1st Place) Gold Medal Winner gets to choose 3 games next season.

(2nd Place) Silver Medal Winner gets to choose 2 games next season.

(3rd Place) Bronze Medal winner gets to choose 1 game next season.

The Intellivision Library is somewhat limited so we have to shift gears a little bit to try and get a good selection of games each season AND give some kind of award for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.... 👍

We also might have to try and implement some 'homebrews' into the upcoming seasons (the Atari 2600 HSC has been playing homebrews). I will see what roms I can post here and then we can add them to the list of available games to play. 

Also, I've decided we are going to go with a 'Flying Objects' theme for the Inty HSC Season 18. 

Hopefully by implementing these changes it will help bring in some more players.... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 4

On 9/24/2022 at 5:18 PM, Rickster8 said:

I've been watching what the Atari 2600 HSC does and I'm going to follow suit with awards. Starting immediately the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will get to choose games for the next season. 

(1st Place) Gold Medal Winner gets to choose 3 games next season.

(2nd Place) Silver Medal Winner gets to choose 2 games next season.

(3rd Place) Bronze Medal winner gets to choose 1 game next season.

The Intellivision Library is somewhat limited so we have to shift gears a little bit to try and get a good selection of games each season AND give some kind of award for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.... 👍

We also might have to try and implement some 'homebrews' into the upcoming seasons (the Atari 2600 HSC has been playing homebrews). I will see what roms I can post here and then we can add them to the list of available games to play. 

Also, I've decided we are going to go with a 'Flying Objects' theme for the Inty HSC Season 18. 

Hopefully by implementing these changes it will help bring in some more players.... 🤷‍♂️

Great idea Rick! More great stuff from our esteemed host.

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello Inty Gamers:

We are just one week away from Inty HSC Season 18!!!

The theme is Flying / Falling Objects...

The official opening day is Sunday January 22nd, however based on the availability of time I will most likely open the season on Saturday January 21st. 👍

See you all in a week. 

Rickster8 🍺

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Inty HSC Season 19 will be themed 'Need For Speed'..... Anything where speed is of the essence / timers / quickness, timed events etc...

Inty HSC Season 20 will most likely be 'Never Played or Rarely Ever Played Games in the Inty HSC'... There's a bunch of games we have not tried.... This season will NOT be for the faint of heart because most games will NOT be favorites.... :P 

Some choice words about the lack of participation here. For some reason the participation in the Inty HSC is getting worse and worse seemingly every year so much to the point that if this keeps up there won't be an Inty HSC anymore which has happened in the past, I have plans to host for the next year. If participation doesn't improve I will step down and let someone else try their hand at this. Not kidding, it's like pulling teeth to get players for this league / club. I have fun running it, but if barely anybody plays what's the point? So many Inty players are at this website (AtariAge), but barely any of them play in the Inty HSC. 🤷‍♂️ I put posts out looking for new players to no avail... It's really SAD to see, has me pretty ticked off to say the least. So again, I've made plans for one more year and if the participation continues to wane then I will bounce as the moderator of the Inty HSC..... Please put the word out to your Inty friends. We desperately need more players.... 😔

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Inty HSC Season 19 will be themed 'Need For Speed'..... Anything where speed is of the essence / timers / quickness, timed events etc...

Inty HSC Season 20 will most likely be 'Never Played or Rarely Ever Played Games in the Inty HSC'... There's a bunch of games we have not tried.... This season will NOT be for the faint of heart because most games will NOT be favorites.... :P 

Some choice words about the lack of participation here. For some reason the participation in the Inty HSC is getting worse and worse seemingly every year so much to the point that if this keeps up there won't be an Inty HSC anymore which has happened in the past, I have plans to host for the next year. If participation doesn't improve I will step down and let someone else try their hand at this. Not kidding, it's like pulling teeth to get players for this league / club. I have fun running it, but if barely anybody plays what's the point? So many Inty players are at this website (AtariAge), but barely any of them play in the Inty HSC. 🤷‍♂️ I put posts out looking for new players to no avail... It's really SAD to see, has me pretty ticked off to say the least. So again, I've made plans for one more year and if the participation continues to wane then I will bounce as the moderator of the Inty HSC..... Please put the word out to your Inty friends. We desperately need more players.... 😔

It is sad Rick, I agree. Not sure how that will ever change. You are a great host and it would be sad to see you go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been here in the forums for almost 15 years,and although a lot of the Intellivision guys will never admit it,a bunch of them are mainly just collectors and probably spend little time playing the games.

And,if they read this I don't care because they know I'm right and they know who they are!😄

I like your post Rick,and I feel your pain.

Keep up the great job hosting the HSC,I imagine the guys who post scores really appreciate it.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 12:10 AM, Rickster8 said:

So a little bit more on the next two seasons.... 

I was going to make Game 10 'starting today' (March 22nd, 2023) as a Homebrews week, but in light of the lack of participation I feel this would just make that problem worse if people didn't have these Homebrews or ways to download and play them. I would supply links to get them, but not everyone knows how to load them to make them work or have ways to instantly play roms... Long and short of it, I opted against it and am going with Nova Blast for Game 10.... Therefore the plans for Season 19 and 20 are as follows.... 

Season 19 will be called 'NEED FOR SPEED' and the theme will be everything involving some kind of Clock where SPEED is of the essence... 

Season 20 will be a HOMEBREWS season. All 16 games will be considered 'Homebrew' type games.... This will start next January so that essentially gives players 10 months to get setup for this... Most if not all the homebrews I use will have already been featured here on AtariAge..... 

So there you have it..... 👍🍺

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of adding homebrews.  An entire season of them sounds fun, but I wonder if it might be better to start with them or end with them.  Every approach has a benefit and drawback, and I don't know how it would impact participation.

For me, it's always been a motivator to figure something out.  I'd be happy to help write up some guides (or find some that already exist!) to help people get set up to play homebrews.

Thanks for running this--it's always fun!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gar0u said:

I like the idea of adding homebrews.  An entire season of them sounds fun, but I wonder if it might be better to start with them or end with them.  Every approach has a benefit and drawback, and I don't know how it would impact participation.

For me, it's always been a motivator to figure something out.  I'd be happy to help write up some guides (or find some that already exist!) to help people get set up to play homebrews.

Thanks for running this--it's always fun!

I agree that I like homebrews but a whole season of them sounds daunting to me. I kinda stink at intellivision emulators. Even if I figured them out I would be spending my non-working hours at the same computer that I often telework from. Part of the reason I like to participate is because it gets me away from my computer. Doing the occasional game on emulator is okay, but doing a whole season changes that calculus a little.

That leaves the idea of a flash cart, the LTO cart being the main one that can play most homebrews (has to do with enhanced modern homebrew carts I think), but LTO carts are no longer being made so far as I can tell. Second hand ones are rare both rare and crazy expensive.

Maybe there's another option that I am overlooking? I won't pretend like I am an expert on this matter!

Last thing I'll say is that a longer than normal heads upon any homebrews would be very helpful- I wouldn't even mind buying a couple carts, but shipping/processing/build time and availability are factors. Maybe a list of all the homebrews we will play before the beginning of the season and maybe even a rough order in which they will be played would help there?

All that said, I will happily try my best to figure something out with whatever you decide to do Rick! The HSC isn't all about me; I share this mostly because I assume that some of these considerations might apply to others as well.

Your dedication to the HSC is awesome and I really appreciate what you do!