IGNORED

old Pittsburgh Atari Computer Enthusiasts flyer

graywest

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just love finding this type of ephemera. I bought a lot of Atari 8-bit docs/books/magazines on Ebay that came from an estate sale. Stuffed into one of the books was this mailer for an open house gathering of the Pittsburgh Atari Computer Enthusiasts (P.A.C.E.) to be held December 14, 1987.

I would have liked to go, but I've never lived anywhere near Pittsburgh. Also, I was 9 years old at the time. ?

Did anyone here happen to attend?

20200701_144451.thumb.jpg.452fc696c1d4515238baf099c863f9ee.jpg

Edited by graywest
  • Like 7

Some of us love this stuff as well. If you have anything you don't see scanned on www.Atarimania.com or Archive.org, please consider scanning it if possible. If you got any questions just send me a (pm)private message or post here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Allan said:

Some of us love this stuff as well. If you have anything you don't see scanned on www.Atarimania.com or Archive.org, please consider scanning it if possible. If you got any questions just send me a (pm)private message or post here.

Thanks! Will do.

I wish I could have attended the Atari shows too when I was young. The problem in my area (SF Bay Area - Atari's headquarters) was that the organizers always chose a location in the middle of nowhere. (Sorry, but San Jose/Santa Clara was considered "nowhere") Since I wasn't old enough to drive, I had no way of getting there without begging someone to drive me. If only the organizers would have been more considerate and picked a venue near public transit, I bet they would have had even more attendance (like me :) ). Yeah, I hold a little grudge. :razz:

Great find though!

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, graywest said:

I just love finding this type of ephemera

Same here! I love finding treasures like this!! I am in California so didn't attended. I did graduate high school that year though, and think I was working at Sierra Online at that time. Enjoy your treasure. 

• Like 1