IGNORED

Anyone know of a source of cheap SIO leads.

Mclaneinc

Hello R.Cade

17 hours ago, R.Cade said:

I need a couple to complete my SIO2SD devices, but I only have the regular Atari cables. They are very thick and I really don't want to cut one in two... seems blasphemous.

Why don't you install SIO connectors on your devices instead of SIO cables that are cut in half?  Sikor has new Sio connectors made via injection moulding.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello R.Cade

Why don't you install SIO connectors on your devices instead of SIO cables that are cut in half?  Sikor has new Sio connectors made via injection moulding.

Sincerely

Mathy

Well, they already have these nice 3D printed cases that match the XL and XE series...

18 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello R.Cade

Sincerely

Mathy

A lot of these devices don't have the footprint for a connector, would take a redesigned PCB and cases. Seems a lot of work when you can use a cable. 

So this is about SDrive-Max? Is there interest in a pcb that plugs into an UNO and Screen with a SIO csocket on it and the UNO2SIO board built in? What if there were a 1050 drive case for it all to go inside? It would be quite a bit bigger to keep the proportions given the extra height of the 3rd board

I kind of thought the SDM was a dead thing now Fujinet outperforms it in every way!

23 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

So this is about SDrive-Max? Is there interest in a pcb that plugs into an UNO and Screen with a SIO csocket on it and the UNO2SIO board built in? What if there were a 1050 drive case for it all to go inside? It would be quite a bit bigger to keep the proportions given the extra height of the 3rd board

I kind of thought the SDM was a dead thing now Fujinet outperforms it in every way!

Does it? I haven't been keeping up with Fujinet... It handles ATR and ATX completely? I also have an AVGCart that does that, but I have these nice cases so I figured I would complete them. The other issue with my SIO cables and cutting them in two is they are VERY thick.  

Thanks for the link on the premade cables and connectors. Those are a little more than I wanted to spend but they are available.

3 minutes ago, R.Cade said:

Does it? I haven't been keeping up with Fujinet... It handles ATR and ATX completely?

Nothing handles ATX completely, Fujinet is at least as compatible with them as the SDM and AVG. CAS is not as complete as the SDM yet, but it's coming and will also feature the separate audio track compatibility and CAS is only really a gimmick for nostalgia anyway. No one really wants to wait for 20 mins to play a game.

So yeah, SDM is not dead but is mortally wounded and fujinet has its foot on SDM's throat

20 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

What if there were a 1050 drive case for it all to go inside? It would be quite a bit bigger to keep the proportions given the extra height of the 3rd board

I would like to see in the future a case for SIO devices that is a reminiscence of ~ 2/3 sized 1030 that can be styled like XL and XE series.

• Like 2

Hello ZuluGula, guys

3 hours ago, ZuluGula said:

I would like to see in the future a case for SIO devices that is a reminiscence of ~ 2/3 sized 1030 that can be styled like XL and XE series.

Maybe in length, width should be about the same.  We need enough space for at least two SIO ports and a power plug.  And maybe some other interface like for instance MIDI.

Sincerely

Mathy

17 hours ago, Mathy said:

Maybe in length, width should be about the same.  We need enough space for at least two SIO ports and a power plug.  And maybe some other interface like for instance MIDI.

I think 4.5" should be sufficient. I'm thinking two SIO ports and power jack in the back, other ports could go to the front. The case should be only big enough to accommodate devices similar to SDrive Maxx or #FujiNet.

20201205_100940.jpg