F.G. Kaal

New versions available

1 hour ago, F.G. Kaal said:

After a long and thorough investigation of Du2k of about 5 minutes a came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong wint Du2k.

So guess what !

You can see all 8 partitions and can catalog the 8th partition on real iron? 

This may be an interesting result. I partitioned both IDE drives as follows: drive 1 has 3 partitions, drive 2 has four partitions. Then I initialized all drives; in drive two I named the partitions IDEHARD5 ... IDEHARD8 (which looks like one off for now).

Then I wrote a small BASIC program and saved it to IDE7.

Then I went back to DU2K and created a fourth partition on drive 1, which shifts the partitions of the second drive. As said before, the eighth partition is not shown in DU2K. Went back to BASIC, and as you see, the eighth partition is there and well.

Screenshot_20210405_130600.png

2 hours ago, mizapf said:

Yes, guessing... 

In the IDE DSR there is a symbol defined CUNITM (constant unit mask) with a value of >0007. But to be able to use IDE8 properly this value must be >000F offcourse. All level 2 functions are calling a subroutine L2UNIT that checks the device number:

L2UNIT   MOV  @CUNIT,R0       Get unit number
              SRL  R0,8
              ANDI R0,CUNITM       
             JEQ  L2UNTE              Error if 0
L2UNT1 CI   R0,CMAXUN       Is it > CMAXUN? (8)
             JH   L2UNTE          Yes, error!

etc.

So, you can do all level 3 functions (OPEN, CLOSE, READ, WRITE, LOAD, SAVE, DELETE) to IDE8 but it is impossible to initialize (does sector read/write), rename, create directory and such.

This little bug-ette is fixed in IDE DSR v15 (only needed if you really using 8 partitions) and can be downloaded from ti99-geek.nl

b.t.w:

I struggled to find two big enough CF-cards that wishes to function properly with the IDE card. I noticed that a CF-card is functioning properly when in Du2k displaying the IDE available device's; If the devicename is like "SanDisk <number>" than it is ok, if the device name is like "/7" or "/5" etc than it is not ok ... it seems that it is possible to read and write sectors but creating a partitiontable fails and after that, doing CALL IDEST in TI-Basic makes the IDE card hang (and destroys the DSR at some point).

• Like 3

New versions available at ti99-geek.nl:

IDE DSR v15, bugfix: Device IDE8 can now also be initialized (and used)

Dm2k v3.4, bugfix: erase character is fctn-1 (what it always was) instead of fctn-2

EAV r10, update: added Dm2k v3.4

flashrom collection: added Dm2k v3.4 and EAV r10.

finalgrom collection: added Dm2k v3.4, EAV r10, EAVUG r10 (UberGROM with extended utility menu), IDE v15 loader

enjoy!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F.G. Kaal said:

New versions available at ti99-geek.nl:

IDE DSR v15, bugfix: Device IDE8 can now also be initialized (and used)

Dm2k v3.4, bugfix: erase character is fctn-1 (what it always was) instead of fctn-2

EAV r10, update: added Dm2k v3.4

flashrom collection: added Dm2k v3.4 and EAV r10.

finalgrom collection: added Dm2k v3.4, EAV r10, EAVUG r10 (UberGROM with extended utility menu), IDE v15 loader

enjoy!

You are having almost as busy of a day as myself.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, 9640News said:

I love this update.  Presently using it to do a complete backup of my HFDC drive to a TIPI path.  It removes my need to use DM2K for the TI-99/4A and the special DSK0 usage.

I'm copying right now my hard drive on one system.  With my other system, I went and tested how many files it would catalog in a TIPI directory with 2800+ files.  It only got 241.  Realistically though, I would manage a directory like that from a Windows share.

I like the way you can tab from the left to the right window.  If you can implement the <PG UP> <PG DN> keys at some point in the future, that would be nice.  

Beery, have you allready checked Gdm2k V3.2

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 9640News said:

You are having almost as busy of a day as myself.

Yes I am and I still have to check out Mdos 7.30 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F.G. Kaal said:

Beery, have you allready checked Gdm2k V3.2

Yes, I have.  It's my disk manager of choice.  Many thanks for the <PG UP> <PG DN> functionality.

• Like 2

New Ti99Dir version 8.1b available at ti99-geek.nl

It is now possible to rename TI files om a DSK, CF7DSK or HD image using all characters like ~`[email protected]#$%^&*()_-+=[]{};:'"\|,.<>/? except the space and . character. The function was allready there but not properly used by the rename dialog. So, now it is possible to rename SYSTEM-SYS on a DSK image to SYSTEM/SYS

enjoy.

• Like 8

New Ti99Dir version 8.2c available at ti99-geek.nl

Small problem with the 8.2b version: When renaming a TI file on a DSK, CF7DSK or HD image and the TI file name is shorter than 10 characters then the padding spaces of the original TI file name where translated to underscore characters. That is fixed in version 8.2c.

enjoy!

• Like 10