IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 10 ~ Gold Medal Pick!

Vocelli

2 hours ago, ZilchSr said:

You sure about that?  You don't remember hitting almost 200K, and on Difficulty A no less? ?

image.thumb.png.0c04887ef81bb88ebd2a18f496eb6420.png

Damn!  I didn't remember that.  But that was 13 years ago.  I can barely remember what I did 10 minutes ago...

Damn!  I didn't remember that.  But that was 13 years ago.  I can barely remember what I did 10 minutes ago...

Damn!  I didn't remember that.  But that was 13 years ago.  I can barely remember what I did 10 minutes ago...  ?

• Haha 6

I like River Raid, but this is one of those games that I fail miserably at when using the keyboard. I think it has to do with the fact that switching from left/right inputs nearly immediately causes the plane to keep its velocity. Because of this, I have a tendency to crash into the canyon walls.

The normal Atari joystick has more of of throw to it, so it isn’t so easy to accidentally switch directions and keep your speed. 

Looks like I am going to have to find my Flashback 2, and fire it up.

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On the Board,

Like a lot of other people here, I am not good at this game at all!!

And it does bother me, because I really like to do well on the Activision Titles

I know this is classed as Shoot 'em up, but I really think this game comes down to the decisions you make.

Mainly "Do I shoot it or go Past it?" that's what seems to bring me undone.

A lot of deaths occur because I chased something to shoot when I should have just kept going.

I will keep trying but If i can hit 50k Ill be happy!

RIVER RAID 1BB : 39,950

39950.thumb.JPG.04a4489745c02b3ec8fe0132370d1b28.JPG

• Like 6

Starting to get some of the old form back.  Flying with the brake on is unquestioningly necessary, but it wasn't this tiring thirty five years ago.

Now I'm getting to the point of "Don't blast all the fuel.  No Virginia, there is not more fuel right after the next bridge..."

River Raid (1982) (Activision)_6.png

• Like 3