IGNORED

Newbee RetroN77 questions

wfletcher3

I saw so many good things about stella and how much work you guys have put into it.  I bought a retroN77.  I read thru the user guide and very generic and based more for computer usage and keyboard..  I don't have an adapter to use a keyboard thru the micro power switch and funds are limited.  

As soon as I got it; upgraded it to 6.2.1 (formatted in Fat32 as stated for raspi) before running image.

1) In the ROM menu I do not see the bottom menu items (Select/Go UP/Options/Quit)

launcher.png

2) I can bring up the advanced menu, but cannot adjust the screen size after selecting vertical size.  How do I do this?  This screen is not in current stella user manual.

3) I cannot open cartridges.  How do I do this?

4) How do I download from my cartridges and can I overwrite ones I downloaded from the web?

5) Will these changes be saved when game shut down?

6) Asked in another thread; but adding here incase.  How do I set up paddles?

Sorry about so many questions; not a programmer, not a big gamer; but an old gamer and I can follow directions.  And this may lead to other functionality questions later (sorry ? ).  I do promise though to help other newbees when they join.  I'll even document everything for the retroN77 if someone would want it.

Thnx again up front!!!

w-

On 7/10/2020 at 1:30 PM, wfletcher3 said:

1) In the ROM menu I do not see the bottom menu items (Select/Go UP/Options/Quit)

The Retron's launcher is simplified as it doesn't have a mouse(or an OS UI to return to.)

2) I can bring up the advanced menu, but cannot adjust the screen size after selecting vertical size.  How do I do this?  This screen is not in current stella user manual.

Some of these changes will not be seen until the Retron has been turned off.  Also, left/right to navigate, up/down changes options, fire for check-boxes and buttons.

3) I cannot open cartridges.  How do I do this?

Physical cartridges?  They should just work when plugged in(or not- if the particular game can't be successfully dumped via the cart slot.)

4) How do I download from my cartridges and can I overwrite ones I downloaded from the web?

This isn't currently supported, at least not in a straightforward manner directly on the Retron 77.

5) Will these changes be saved when game shut down?

Probably. Which changes?

6) Asked in another thread; but adding here incase.  How do I set up paddles?

Assuming the game supports them, they shouldn't require any setup if they are up to the R77's 'standards.'

Edited by fluxit
additional information added