IGNORED

iCade on Android

Goochman

I bought one of the first iCade units a number of years ago.  I had an old ipad3 that was jailbroken just to run Mame4All.  Well its basically impossible for me to use this anymore as I cant permanently jailbreak the ipad and its essentially useless(Apple should just set these things free but thats another discussion).

So, I have an older Samsung tablet thats running what I assume is a newer than v5 Android version.  For some dumb reason it appears that after v5 of Android the iCade no longer works as a bluetooh "keyboard" (despite it connecting as an input device).

So the question is has anyone been able to use their iCade unit with an Android device on v5 or newer or am I at the point that I should just throw the iCade away?

I've never purchased an iCade, but I was looking at one recently that was on the used market.

I was considering whether or not a Raspberry Pi could utilize it via bluetooth and I'd get a small HDMI monitor for it.

I know people have rebuilt them using a Pi, but I don't know if the stock iCade is usable as-is on a Pi.

Here is one such rebuild:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=159642.0