IGNORED

RF cable loose for 2600

Chid Nutson

So about maybe 6-7 months ago I bought an Atari 2600. I also invested in a Male to RCA Female adapter to play on my flat-screen TV. Lately though the RF cable seems to fit very loosely in my adapter, wherin I'd be playing some Pitfall 2 and the thing would just fall out. Anyone have any ideas on what's happening here? Also to note, I have a second adapter and it still has the same problem, so it must be from the 2600's end.

On 7/17/2020 at 9:42 PM, Chid Nutson said:

So about maybe 6-7 months ago I bought an Atari 2600. I also invested in a Male to RCA Female adapter to play on my flat-screen TV. Lately though the RF cable seems to fit very loosely in my adapter, wherin I'd be playing some Pitfall 2 and the thing would just fall out. Anyone have any ideas on what's happening here? Also to note, I have a second adapter and it still has the same problem, so it must be from the 2600's end.

You could take some pliers and pinch the outer curved metal parts of the RF cable together slightly, and this should make for a tighter fit.