JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 3 - Auto Racing

Posted (edited)

1st Entry for the 2nd Course - Working from home today so lunchtime I ran some races on Course 2. Some okay times and then this happened. One crash otherwise it 'might' have been under 6 minutes...😲 @BiffMan Dude you are right, this course is a BLAST. I've learned to do a wicked drift on the 180 hook when you start a new lap... I haven't perfected it though as that's where my 1 crash was, but when that one works it's pretty sweet 👍

So far both courses....

Course 1 Red Car - 3:15

Course 2 Red Car - 6:05

AR5C2(605)S13.jpg.50ad53f46ba7b2b1619902ec7f7d23c8.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

1st Entry for the 2nd Course - Working from home today so lunchtime I ran some races on Course 2. Some okay times and then this happened. One crash otherwise it 'might' have been under 6 minutes...😲 @BiffMan Dude you are right, this course is a BLAST. I've learned to do a wicked drift on the 180 hook when you start a new lap... I haven't perfected it though as that's where my 1 crash was, but when that one works it's pretty sweet 👍

So far both courses....

Awesome times!  I 

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

So far both courses....

Fantastic times!  If you hit 6:05 with a wreck, you can probably get under 6 minutes with red.  I know 1980gamer was able to hit 5:50 on track 2 in the read car, so that's probably the perfect lap target since he was also able to do 3:11 on track 1 which is 1 second better than I can do with red on it with what I consider a completely clean run.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Course 1

Blue Car:  3:31

1B331.JPG

That's really clean for blue!  You'll be under 3 minutes in no time!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My best so far with the Blue bucking bronco. This car is WILD!!! 😤

All times so far.....

Course 1 - Red Car 3:15

Course 1 - Blue Car 3:25

Course 2 - Red Car 6:05

ARBlue(325)S13.jpg.0921a330a836c2d5c6313d7edeb9a9df.jpg 

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 3

When I got my first Intellivision, we bought Star Strike at the same time.  Of course, it came with Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack, which was an interesting game for a 10 year old to play all the time... 

The next game we bought was Auto Racing, and I was NEVER any good at it.  I'll give the courses a try, maybe with the green car, but I'll probably be focusing on Night Stalker until Sunday, then patiently wait for Game #4.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gar0u said:

When I got my first Intellivision, we bought Star Strike at the same time.  Of course, it came with Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack, which was an interesting game for a 10 year old to play all the time... 

The next game we bought was Auto Racing, and I was NEVER any good at it.  I'll give the courses a try, maybe with the green car, but I'll probably be focusing on Night Stalker until Sunday, then patiently wait for Game #4.

Since hardly anyone is posting times on this, you could be top 10 or top 5!  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Biff ... we’re still waiting for your times :) ..... or are you coming in at the end with a heavy sandbag?? :)

I posted times.  :)

No sandbagging, just haven't managed anything better in the blue yet.

35 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Since hardly anyone is posting times on this, you could be top 10 or top 5!  🙂 

Rickster - Meaning only 3 separate players have posted times thus far, so next person to post a time is guaranteed top 4 for the moment.  🙂 

1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

I posted times.  :)

No sandbagging, just haven't managed anything better in the blue yet.

I hear ya!  ... I’m not sandbagging either.... the opposite.... I boasted how good I was and I’m looking pedestrian.... but I’ll finish strong! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I’ll be posting times this week. Just been busy with work and family lately. 

Matt.... I have a feeling that you and Mr. Me are also sandbagging !!! :) I’m getting nervous! 

42 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Rickster - Meaning only 3 separate players have posted times thus far, so next person to post a time is guaranteed top 4 for the moment.  🙂 

Lol, I put a confused face not bcuz I didn't understand you, but bcuz there haven't been many times posted yet. Meaning I can't understand why? 😜

• Like 2

Just now, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Matt.... I have a feeling that you and Mr. Me are also sandbagging !!! :) I’m getting nervous! 

Hell no lol. I just got this game from eBay a few days ago, and I suck so far!

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

Hell no lol. I just got this game from eBay a few days ago, and I suck so far!

Lol !!! Gotcha! In that case, read the manual on how to steer!!! You have to learn how to steer into a pitchy corner to get the good times !! 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Lol !!! Gotcha! In that case, read the manual on how to steer!!! You have to learn how to steer into a pitchy corner to get the good times !! 

I have, just need the time to put into it.  Time for me to go to bed now. It’s almost 2am here lol. I’ll put up a time or 2 soon. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gar0u said:

Same here, it was one of my first games! As a kid I never cared about my times. I just loved racing that car around the track........ and I too became a gambler by 12 years old from the Poker and blackjack game Lol !!! 

• Like 1