IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 3 - Auto Racing

3 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

You guys are taking it all wrong ... I meant it as a great compliment.

You are trying to back-peddle now. You said you cannot be beat on Courses 2-5, that it was 'impossible' when at that time Biff was tied with you and for the moment is a second ahead. Not sure how that can be anything other than boastful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I'm not back-peddling at all. That's fine ... You two consider the Biff-meister the racer to beat ... I consider myself the racer to beat. I already congratulated him on his astounding time on course 1 on the blue car :)

I'm happy with whoever wins, it's fun just to have good folks to compete against.  ?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Don't get me wrong ... I love this game ... but when it demands perfection ... competing vs "Biffman Andretti" ... it's less "fun" :)

Confused.... Why say it's impossible to beat you on tracks 2-5 then, instead of just having fun like the rest of us? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Confused.... Why say it's impossible to beat you on tracks 2-5 then, instead of just having fun like the rest of us? 

It was really just meant as friendly trash-talk. I was expecting something like "we'll see about that ...". I wasn't expecting "Look man ... you jerk ... you just got beat ... check out his new score".

Ok... ok... No more friendly trash-talk !!!!!!!!

I'll try again ....

Hey guys ... your resident champion is awesome ... I don't have much chance to beat him ... but I'll try. I'm pretty good too at this game.

6 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Hey guys ... your resident champion is awesome ... I don't have much chance to beat him ... but I'll try. I'm pretty good too at this game.

That would have probably been a better direction to go.... ?

Yes, you're awesome at this and I would never assume you or anyone else is incapable of doing better than me on this or any other game. That's the whole fun of competition thing.

My goal this time around was just to beat the record on both tracks, so if I get lucky enough to do that, then awesome. If I do and someone does better, that's even more awesome! 

• Like 1

Ok! Well you guys excused Rickster quite a few times for being a noobie ... so I'm taking a pass on this one :)

I have never used the blue car ... ever on course 1 and 2 ...... on Course 2 it feels more natural. The two big turns on course 1 feel un-natural for the blue car. Course 2 ... the blue car is a bit too fast, but almost natural. Same here. I just want to beat my PB with the red car on course 2 with the blue car ... anything else is a bonus.

I think some trash talk is perfectly fine, we’ve done that in past seasons.  The key is how you say it and if you can still make it fun for everyone. If you constantly come across as self-serving and overly boastful, that isn’t going to be taken in a positive way.  Just my observation.

This whole thing is all about just having fun, I mean, we are not playing for money or for a world championship. If someone is great at these games, then that’s awesome and more power to them!  It shouldn’t take any of the fun away from playing these old games we love, and participating with others that share that same passion for a 40 year old game system. I think that aspect is very cool here.

So let’s have some fun guys!  Game 4 coming soon!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I think some trash talk is perfectly fine, we’ve done that in past seasons.  The key is how you say it and if you can still make it fun for everyone. If you constantly come across as self-serving and overly boastful, that isn’t going to be taken in a positive way.  Just my observation.

This whole thing is all about just having fun, I mean we are not playing for money or for a world championship. If someone is great at these games, then that’s awesome and more power to them!  It shouldn’t take any of the fun away from playing these old games we love, and participating with others that share that same passion for a 40 year old game system. I think that aspect is very cool here.

So let’s have some fun guys!  Game 4 coming soon!

PB’s are much more important then getting the high score. Friendly trash talk is un-necessary.... if it bothers even one person. Like you said there’s no cash prizes or Trophy’s!

ps) regardless... I’ve had enough Auto Racing for now! 

46 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Friendly trash talk is un-necessary.... if it bothers even one person. Like you said there’s no cash prizes or Trophy’s!

I think you may have missed the point in what I was trying to say.  Friendly trash talk has never been a problem here.  I played a few seasons before you came aboard, and I haven’t seen anyone on this site have a problem with that if it’s done in a fun way.  If I’m being honest here, I don’t think some of your posts were done in that way, and I’m just pointing that out constructively for the future. That’s all.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1