IGNORED

Tac-2 controller with 7800 wiring!

SoundGammon

Had a Tac-2 controller with a bad cable, firing intermittent, and a broken 7800 controller with like new cable. 

So, after a little surgery, wiring the 7800 cable into the Tac-2 controller, I now have the best controller for the 7800!

And I still have 2600-8-bit compatibility! 

I still have a second Tac-2 controller that will be used for Robotron, once I make a holder for them!

Tac 2 7800 wiring.jpg

Tac 2 7800.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome.  This has been on my to-do list as well for just over 20 years!  More recently (like in the past 6 or 7 years), I've come pretty close but never gotten around to it.  I'd get one of the controllers out and open it up, but then put it back for a later time. :lol:  The controllers and replacement cables have come with me for the past 3 moves, so maybe after my next move coming up in August I'll finally do it.  I'm glad to see you did the hack and that it works good for you.  Thank you for sharing!

The TAC 2 controller absolutely rocks.  I had been using the original 2600 stick, the one made in Sunnyvalle for its long throw, which made it easier on my hands.  But the TAC 2 is way better and doesn't cramp my hands.  I also have 2 of them, but unfortunately, one of them is broken on the inside, the actual steel shaft somehow broke.

• Like 1

That could be nowhere near the best 7800 controller. ? Well,for two button games anyway. If you are holding the controller with your left hand your left thumb hits one button. Then holding the stick with your right hand, how on earth will you comfortably be hitting the second button...