IGNORED

Lost mail to US?

karri

I just got back to the city and went through my list of missing shipments of Lynx goodies.

All missing shipments are "economy to the US". It does not matter if it is a letter of a parcel. As economy I have not been able to post stuff to the US since April.

So if you are waiting for something from me drop me a note. I try to re-send it as recommended letters.

I also discussed this at the local post office and they confirmed that I am not alone with this problem. It would be interesting to get a picture of 3 months of undelivered mail that sits somewhere. The mountain must be huge.

Obviously I am not going to ship anything to the US for a while except re-sending current lost stuff.

The USA mail system has been delayed since the pandemic/lockdown began, at least when it comes from imported packages.  I had to wait an extra month for some imports, so it's possible your packages may be delivered yet.  Unreasonable, yes, but that's just how it is. 

My mail carrier told me that they are no longer allowed to work any overtime. So when their shift is over they bring their truck back to the post office, and it sits there until the next day. He told me there have been days only 25% of his route gets delivered.

I had a package that took a month to get to FL from OH 1st class. I don’t see it getting better anytime soon.

Looks like outbound packages are an issue as well, I sent a package to Australia on July 10th, tracking still shows it has been in NY since the 13th.

My El chepo lynx was shipped on the 24th and is supposed to be delivered tomorrow according to tracking estimate but last tracking update was in CA this morning. I live in NJ. 
I figure international packages with tracking is off by at least 4 or 5 days once it gets in the country.

Good luck trying to find items without tracking. Karri sent me something late April, I still haven't seen it yet.

My wife ordered some things from China, they took a little over a month.

I did get my lynx t-shirt in today, it looks nice. It came in on time. From state to state seems normal from what I have shipped and received. I only ship Priority within the states, 3 days max.

• 2 weeks later...

The mail is indeed in a sorry state. Domestic mail is sometimes taking as long as international...not a good sign. And with the whole mail in ballot fiasco happening right now I suspect it is only going to get worse.

UPS however has been right on target thankfully and the prices (at least domestically) are not very different when I use the Paypal shipnow. So, any chance I have to use UPS instead I do that for now.

1 hour ago, eightbit said:

The mail is indeed in a sorry state. Domestic mail is sometimes taking as long as international...not a good sign. And with the whole mail in ballot fiasco happening right now I suspect it is only going to get worse.

UPS however has been right on target thankfully and the prices (at least domestically) are not very different when I use the Paypal shipnow. So, any chance I have to use UPS instead I do that for now.

Interesting - does this mean we might actually be using UPS and FedEx to mail in our votes (like they ever mattered anyhow)?  HAHA - talk about privatizing an industry :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...